• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

#21 CC97

CC97
  • The Creamer

• Admin
  • 14,045 posts

Posted July 1, 2004 - 00:52

There's no point in arguing... he plays hockey, and we don't therefore he's automatically right. :rolleyes:
SportsLogos.Net: Logos News Forum Facebook @sportslogosnet

#22 Magus

Magus
  • Leader of Medina

• Members
  • 916 posts

Posted July 1, 2004 - 04:21

Bertuzzi should be banned from the NHL and if convicted in a court of law, put in jail for some time. much as i like Bertuzzi, and i do hes a player i really do like, HOWEVER, the NHL doesn't have room for that type of crimal behavior and should be punished accordingly.

i would have the same feelings if it was a member of the thrashers that pulled a stunt like that. don't care if its Kovalchuk or Heatley behavior like that is criminal and it should be prosecuted accordingly.
Posted Image
General Magus Zeal
Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

#23 Notch Novelty

Notch Novelty

• Members
  • 1,998 posts

Posted July 1, 2004 - 09:33

Yeah, I'm always right - it's opinion and it has been stated. No, one will be right or wrong. Here. I believe anyone who still plays the game will have more knowledge than someone who doesn't :D

Todd Bertuzzi would of be able to leave arena, I have seen it worse. Bertuzzi will get the same as McSorley did, Bertuzzi served his dues and now should be able to return. Breaking Moore's neck was accidental.

I have no clue what you are trying to say in the first sentence, but this whole incident, from Moore's initial hit to Bertuzzi's mauling, none of it was accidental. Moore's hit on Naslund may have been a last second decision, but it sure wasn't accidental. Regardless who wears the C, could be for a player to play better, goalies don't need a C or A to be leaders and goalies can be leaders. Your still a leader in the lockeroom regardless if a letter is on your chest or not.

This hockey and hockey has a way of doing things.

I don't know why they don't come after Scott Stevens but I do remember Lindros beating up on ole Scotty. What about when Lindros got head hunted by D on Caps, didn't Lindros dropped the gloves the very next faceoff?

Jail? I don't think so....

#24 yh

yh
  • The Greatest

• Super Mod
  • 6,939 posts

Posted July 1, 2004 - 10:32

There's no point in arguing... he plays hockey, and we don't therefore he's automatically right. :rolleyes:

Excuse me, but I play hockey too.

XBox does count, right?

#25 fiasco!

fiasco!
  • Lighting up the Heavens with his silly acting...and more!

• Moderators
  • 8,425 posts

Posted July 1, 2004 - 10:44

so....since i've played hockey for longer than notoriousap has been alive, does that make me more correct than him on hockey matters?

#26 Notch Novelty

Notch Novelty

• Members
  • 1,998 posts

Posted July 1, 2004 - 11:32

Of course :D

PS2 is much better Xbox although Mortal Kombat is best video game ever, I disagree though, Mortal Kombat is very good game but Donkey Kong is better. Donkey Kong Sucks!.....you know what you suck!

#27 Avenger

Avenger
  • Бриллямс!

• Members
  • 1,905 posts

Posted July 1, 2004 - 11:52

Not to be an :censored: or anything, but everytime you post, Notorious, I find myself thinking more and more that you are an idiot.

Sorry, but it's just the way I see it. You'd have to be one to try to justify Bertuzzi's actions.
"i was once at a devils game he was at...but trying to find a specific morbidly obese man with a moustache at a devils game is like trying to find a needle in a stack of needles"

#28 lopernv

lopernv
  • Toronto Flying Sea Vermin Liberators

• Members
  • 4,573 posts

Posted July 1, 2004 - 11:56

Not to be an :censored: or anything, but everytime you post, Notorious, I find myself thinking more and more that you are an idiot.

Sorry, but it's just the way I see it. You'd have to be one to try to justify Bertuzzi's actions.

Excatly how I feel.

ILcLKdm.png

#29 Notch Novelty

Notch Novelty

• Members
  • 1,998 posts

Posted July 1, 2004 - 12:00

Last post was a post about using quote from Billy Madison

Avenger I don't know you so it don't matter

I'm just expressing myself about the situation most of you seem to agree with me

#30 yh

yh
  • The Greatest

• Super Mod
  • 6,939 posts

Posted July 1, 2004 - 12:15

You speak as if being an :censored: is a bad thing. As an :censored:, I resent that.

#31 random

random

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted July 1, 2004 - 12:24

are the "unwritten rules of hockey" written by the "hockey gods"? (who by the way, allowed the evil Lightning to lift the cup. )

listen, i dont care about the "unwritten rules of hockey", once you start brutally sucker punching people and breaking people's necks you are violating the "written rules of society" otherwise known as LAWS.

bertuzzi commited an awful act of brutality, and if it was on the Subway rather than on a hockey rink he'd be chillin in the slammer right now.

stop trying to justify his actions and think about the guy that got his NECK BROKEN for a LEGAL hit in a GAME. thats right people hockey is a GAME. its not life and death and Bertuzzi almost made it that way with his unconcionable actions.

no one should die or have their neck broken for something that happens in a game, what is this, Columbian soccer?
Posted Image

#32 Notch Novelty

Notch Novelty

• Members
  • 1,998 posts

Posted July 1, 2004 - 12:42

It was a sucker punch and I think that Todd Bertuzzi could of handled it def which I said. I didn't think I said anything bad. Now I'm a 7 letter word because I think that the handling of Todd Bertuzzi is not being handled correctly.

Bertuzzi stuck up for his team. He is suppose too. What he isn't suppose to do is sucker punch the guy. You can clearly see in the photos, he lost his balances on his stick. I think Claude Lemieux hit on Draper was awful.

Ok, un-written rules of hockey exist unlike the hockey gods. Do we have anyone that play junior, midget hockey that allowed fighting? That can agree with me that un-written rules of hockey exist.

#33 lopernv

lopernv

• Members
  • 4,573 posts

Posted July 1, 2004 - 12:44

It was not the fluffin sucker punch that broke his neck. Its the matter of driving someones head into the ice. Ill drive your head into an ice patch, lets see how it feels.

That trip thing is crap, stop feeding off websites and media. Most of the time, its not true.

ILcLKdm.png

#34 Notch Novelty

Notch Novelty

• Members
  • 1,998 posts

Posted July 1, 2004 - 12:45

It was not the fluffin sucker punch that broke his neck. Its the matter of driving someones head into the ice. Ill drive your head into an ice patch, lets see how it feels.

ok?

Not what I'm saying...What I am saying is that Todd Bertuzzi should of done something differently ala turned him around and clocked him. I said that in my previous posts.

#35 Notch Novelty

Notch Novelty

• Members
  • 1,998 posts

Posted July 1, 2004 - 12:52

These players are developed from junior leagues to be rough and tough, it shouldn't be surprising when people like Moore get hurt - I'm surprised that this doesn't happen more often. Take that new kid for instance, Wade Brookbank, not exactly hired for his skill with the puck.

Now, don't think I'm saying that what Bertuzzi did was right, it was clearly wrong, but accidental. He throws a punch, the guy goes unconscious and hits the ice, clearly Bertuzzi just wasn't thinking, but he was thinking as clearly as the 4 other players (from both teams) who jumped and piled on top of him and Moore.

Another thing to think about; say for instance that they just kick 2 players who go at it on the ice out of a game and then fine them afterwards, no leniency at all for players who fight.

But then, would y'all still watch Hockey if there was no fighting?

#36 habsfannova

habsfannova

• Members
  • 1,986 posts

Posted July 1, 2004 - 12:57

These players are developed from junior leagues to be rough and tough, it shouldn't be surprising when people like Moore get hurt - I'm surprised that this doesn't happen more often. Take that new kid for instance, Wade Brookbank, not exactly hired for his skill with the puck.

Now, don't think I'm saying that what Bertuzzi did was right, it was clearly wrong, but accidental. He throws a punch, the guy goes unconscious and hits the ice, clearly Bertuzzi just wasn't thinking, but he was thinking as clearly as the 4 other players (from both teams) who jumped and piled on top of him and Moore.

Another thing to think about; say for instance that they just kick 2 players who go at it on the ice out of a game and then fine them afterwards, no leniency at all for players who fight.

But then, would y'all still watch Hockey if there was no fighting?

Yeah, sure, what Bertuzzi did was accidental. And OJ's gonna find the real killer. :P

And yes, I would watch hockey without fighting.

#37 lopernv

lopernv

• Members
  • 4,573 posts

Posted July 1, 2004 - 13:05

ok?

Not what I'm saying...What I am saying is that Todd Bertuzzi should of done something differently ala turned him around and clocked him. I said that in my previous posts.

Bertuzzi is a goon. Please, someone close this thread.

Hockey with out fighting would be a great advancement. Minor Hockey which I play when there is no checking, its still awsome. It feels like you have so much more freedom, and you can keep your head down occasinally because you wont get clocked, and there is no danger of injuries.

ILcLKdm.png

#38 Notch Novelty

Notch Novelty

• Members
  • 1,998 posts

Posted July 1, 2004 - 13:20

How old are you? What level of hockey do you play where there is no checking? Keep your head down, what? Your always taught to keep your head up. Stick won't injury you? Stick work will injury you. Which you would see more of it with no checking.

Let's get back to topic -

I think Bertuzzi suspension should be over and he should be able to return to the ice. What are your thoughts?

I believe the Canucks org has enough punishment and shouldn't be punished anymore?

Your thoughts?

#39 Avenger

Avenger
  • Бриллямс!

• Members
  • 1,905 posts

Posted July 1, 2004 - 13:23

Bertuzzi's actions where in no way accidental. Maybe the extent of the end result was, but it obvious to anyone not desperately fishing for some sort of justification for Bertuzzi's action that we was there to teach Moore a "lesson" about how third-liners shouldn't make contact with he team's captain.

And the difference between Lemieux's hit and Bertuzzi's was Lemiuex hit was part of the game and Bertuzzi's hit wasn't. Lemieux's hit on Draper would've been a routine check against the boards if it weren't at that specific part of the ice and Draper didn't hit his head at that part of the bench glass. While Lemiuex might have made an overly-agressive hit, and it's unfortunate that he didn't understand that hitting a guy at that part of the ice was dangerous, I don't think it was flagrent or retaliatory like Bertuzzi's friggen' assult on Moore.

But what does it matter, anyways. The Canucks will continue to make the playoffs and lose in the first round, like they've done virtually every year since '94. It's because they have no heart and a coach with misaligned priorities. I'm just glad Crawford is out of Colorado.
"i was once at a devils game he was at...but trying to find a specific morbidly obese man with a moustache at a devils game is like trying to find a needle in a stack of needles"

#40 Avenger

Avenger
  • Бриллямс!

• Members
  • 1,905 posts

Posted July 1, 2004 - 13:25

Stick won't injury you? Stick work will injury you.

I'm putting this in my sig... comedic gold, and a testiment with whom we are debating here.