2014 Australian Football League season

VictoriaGooner

Hey, we won a game! (dance)

Worried over Judd though...

The extended Judd injury will definitely hinder Carlton for the next little bit. Reports are that Judd will be out 3-5 weeks.

Plus the Cats are still royal pain in Hawthorn's back side with their 12th win in the last thirteen matches...

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gotten really good at firing up a stream of the footy right at half-time and then falling asleep before the second half starts. :sleepy:

Doesn't ESPN show live game coverage for the game of the week like TSN does? TSN shows minimum one footy match per week, and it usually involves any of the clubs. Though TSN does show more Hawthorn, Swans, Cats, Dockers, and Magpies.

Fox Sports 2 is good for 1 or 2 live matches a week along with 1 or 2 NRL contests, but most of those air live around 3 in the morning here in Chicago. I record some, and grab my weekly Tigers fix off a *mumblemumble* site. Fox Soccer Plus airs additional AFL games and replays during "normal" hours, but that channel isn't available at all to most cable subscribers, and costs $15 a month on satellite.

Tigers have looked awfully flat to start the season. Disappointing after last year to be certain, though it's great to see Vickery and Martin developing into complete players.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I know how you feel. I pay $15 per month for Sportsnet World to get my footy and rugby fix. As for Aussie footy, I usually watch a match a week through TSN/TSN2. And to catch my Swans play, I normally watch it through one ofcthw more reliable live sport streaming sites *mumblemumbld*, but what else can one do...

The Tigers have had a flat start to the season, like the Swans. But with Vickery and Martin finally coming into themselves and developing into good players, both offensively and defensively, they could help push the Tigers into a Finals berth in August. Just hoping the Swans season is now turning around with that home victory v Fremantle on Saturday.

Huge news out of the AFL today that only All-Australian reps will only be allowed to participate for International Rules series v Ireland starting this year.

As well, Ireland's Gaelic Athletic Association has expressed doubts over future International Rules series. That would be a shame as the IRS tour is usually very entertaining between All-Australia and All-GAA.

Exhilarating comeback win for the Blues...they looked so dead in the 3rd quarter and early in the 4th, those last few minutes looked very intense! Happy they've been able to muster another win

The last two minutes in the Blues/Eagles match were high paced and intense for sure. I didn't think Carlton had it in them, especially a poor second half. But four points is four points, no matter how you get it!

As for the Swans, they picked up another huge 31 point victory over the Demons. But huge scare for Franklin as he picked up a knee injury, with initial investigations by the club believe he will be available for next week's clash v Brisbane. Goodes came off the bench on his return to a strong performance leading the Swans to victory. Excellent to see my Red and White on a good roll of late.

In other action, Ablett and the Suns win handily with a 40 point margin over GWS...Gold Coast's Lynch kicked five goals today leading the way for the Suns. Could Gold Coast be a force in AFL this season?

Exhilarating comeback win for the Blues...they looked so dead in the 3rd quarter and early in the 4th, those last few minutes looked very intense! Happy they've been able to muster another win

The last two minutes in the Blues/Eagles match were high paced and intense for sure. I didn't think Carlton had it in them, especially a poor second half. But four points is four points, no matter how you get it!

As for the Swans, they picked up another huge 31 point victory over the Demons. But huge scare for Franklin as he picked up a knee injury, with initial investigations by the club believe he will be available for next week's clash v Brisbane. Goodes came off the bench on his return to a strong performance leading the Swans to victory. Excellent to see my Red and White on a good roll of late.

In other action, Ablett and the Suns win handily with a 40 point margin over GWS...Gold Coast's Lynch kicked five goals today leading the way for the Suns. Could Gold Coast be a force in AFL this season?

Yeah, I'm glad AFL.com posted the final 3 minutes or so in their entirety on their website. I couldn't watch the game last night after the first quarter.

As for Gold Coast, I read some articles saying that they could be a finals team this year but I didn't really know of any Suns players other than Ablett. I'm not too knowledgeable of the AFL's better players yet, but they've been playing very, very well so far this season, so good for them

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

Yeah, I'm glad AFL.com posted the final 3 minutes or so in their entirety on their website. I couldn't watch the game last night after the first quarter.

As for Gold Coast, I read some articles saying that they could be a finals team this year but I didn't really know of any Suns players other than Ablett. I'm not too knowledgeable of the AFL's better players yet, but they've been playing very, very well so far this season, so good for them

One of the positives about AFL.com.au is the amount of video they post after matches, including live radio commentary over internet of all matches, comprehensive match replays (condensed), post match interviews, weekly shows, analysis, discipline shows...just overall excellent coverage of footy!

As for other top footy players, Ablett was named recently the top player in the AFL by all AFL players in a vote. As for other Suns players, the co-captain Tom Lynch is a huge workhorse for them. With the Ablett-Lynch combo, I could see the Suns make a bid for the Finals...

What a dominant performance by the Hawks beating the Tigers by 11 goals. The Hawks overturned their Easter weekeend loss to the Cats with a resolving victory today. The fourth quarter was the best quarter for the Tigers but a lot of work is going to be needed by the coaching staff on the training pitch.

Big news for the AFL, Gillon McLachlan has been named as the AFL's new chief executive officer. He will officially take over the new role for the departed 11-year veteran Andrew Demetriou. Will this lead to a change for the good or bad for AFL?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-30/mclachlan-the-chief

The 10: Round 6 has some amazing moments throughout this last round of footy, especially a couple moments from the Carlton-West Coast exciting match plus an absolute beautiful goal from Ablett...can see why he was voted top footy player by the players!\

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-04-27/the-10-round-six

Friday kicks off Round 7 with Carlton facing the Magpies at the MCG and the Cats facing Richmond on Sunday at the MCG...lets bring it on

Fox Sports 2 shows usually numerous matches per AFL round. Here's the schedule for Fox Sports 2

http://www.afana.com/drupal5/category/television/fox_sports_2/6-2495

Or if you want you can watch it by some other nefarious means (www.wiziwig.com) by streaming live matches. Or you could even watch it on www.afl.com.au through their international streaming package. It costs a small fee per month but worth it if you want to watch a certain club each and every round.

The Swans won in stunning fashion beating the injury riddles Lions by 79 points. Buddy Franklin was absent for the match with a knee injury he recently picked up but Adam Goodes had free roaming of the pitch today scoring three goals, tops of all players. It's great to see him fly around on the pitch both in a scoring capacity and in a leadership capacity. The Swans are back in the top eight, first time this season.

"Cheer, cheer the red and the white, Honour the name by day and by night, Lift that noble banner high, Shake down the thunder from the sky, Whether the odds be great or small, Swans will go in and win overall, While her loyal sons are marching, Onwards to victory." - set to the tune of the Notre Dame Victory March

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-03/match-report-lions-v-swans

Ugh, if you're going to jack our fight song Swans, at least get the lyrics you're copying right—it's what though the odds.

(Then again, I don't think even half of our own students recognize it's what though and not whether, so...)

6fQjS3M.png

Ugh, if you're going to jack our fight song Swans, at least get the lyrics you're copying right—it's what though the odds.

(Then again, I don't think even half of our own students recognize it's what though and not whether, so...)

It's not a complete copy of the fight song crash. They used it as a basis and use the original Notre Dame song tune for their fight song. But they had to change parts of the song. It was the only way Notre Dame would let Sydney, then South Melbourne, use it.

Carsh, your Crows didn't do well this weekend...another close loss by Adelaide to Melbourne of all clubs. Think you guys will make the AFL Finals this season with all your defensive problems?

The 10 has been posted for Round 7...all I can say his WOW! http://www.afl.com.au/

Round 8 starts with the bye weeks, 6 footy clubs are on hiatus and some of them are definitely needed for injuries and more time on the training ground. The biggest match of the round is Sydney v Hawthorn from ANZ Stadium. With or without Buddy Franklin, this reunion match is going to be fantastic. Kickoff is at 2:50 am PST...Can't wait!!!!

Archived