Nikefying the rest of the NFL... (Falcons added, need feedback on differences between two jerseys) 15/28

TheSoundofThrowingPennies

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the numbers are too big on the back of the jersey.

No larger than Seattle's numbers

Yes they are too big. What you have to do is take your widest number, a five is a good one,& put them side by side on the jersey if they fit then they are not to big but in this case two fives at that size would not fit on that jersey.

Yes they are too big. What you have to do is take your widest number, a five is a good one,& put them side by side on the jersey if they fit then they are not to big but in this case two fives at that size would not fit on that jersey.

Just as in the case with Seattle and college teams that use extra large numbers, the number size changes based on what number is on the back. For example, Russell Wilson's 3 is almost as wide as Richard Sherman's 24

ylErFIp.jpg

ioHAY3L.jpg

EvKavdZ.jpg

HOME - A darker green provides for a more intimidating look while the addition of neon green matches the flashiness of notable Jets leaders (Vick, Rex Ryan, etc...)

Typeface and striping are meant to evoke flight

Striping has modern twist, while still harking back to the double stripe Jets of tradition.

AWAY - The Jets become the first team in this series not to feature a white away uniform, but rather a light gray like you'd see in baseball.

ALT (not yet available) - A blue and orange alt honors the tradition of New York City.

So, I'm back, and I'm stuck on the recoloring of the Jets, so I'm going to present the AFC West and will circle back to the AFC East at a later date. Also I promise a Giants update is coming!

I need some feedback on this design for the Broncos. Specifically, do you think it looks anything at all like the Bears? because that's what a few Broncos fans keep telling me. Personally, I just think they're married to our current cursed uniforms lol.

Have at it!

8CN1xsO.jpg

Id say more orange on the helmet but thats just my opinion.

2eg6xaq.jpg16hsymw.jpg124zfop.jpg49ers_89.jpg

I like the Jets look and think it's probably your best concept. I could see the Jets doing this 2-4 years from now if they can't turn around their losing ways.

However, I really think you should go back and really rework your Patriots look. Theres some good criticism that'll improve your concept.

Just as in the case with Seattle and college teams that use extra large numbers, the number size changes based on what number is on the back. For example, Russell Wilson's 3 is almost as wide as Richard Sherman's 24

You'd have three different size digits, depending if it's a single digit (5, for example), includes the number 1 (15), or a double digit (55). That's not a design feature, that's just lazy.

I hardly do any concepts, but when I do, I always work them with a double digit number so the uniform can be presented realistically. Many members post concepts with numbers that are way too wide. If you like a font, but a double digit number extends under the armpits (or would be covered by a waistband), it needs to be modified.

A number isn't meant to be a design element, it's meant to be a way to identify a player. Anything that obscures the number (same color as the jersey, and including wrapping under the arms), defeats its purpose.

Most of your concepts here would be better if you kept that in mind. Even your Jets concept, which is very nice, has numbers that are too big.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

You'd have three different size digits, depending if it's a single digit (5, for example), includes the number 1 (15), or a double digit (55). That's not a design feature, that's just lazy.

I hardly do any concepts, but when I do, I always work them with a double digit number so the uniform can be presented realistically. Many members post concepts with numbers that are way too wide. If you like a font, but a double digit number extends under the armpits (or would be covered by a waistband), it needs to be modified.

A number isn't meant to be a design element, it's meant to be a way to identify a player. Anything that obscures the number (same color as the jersey, and including wrapping under the arms), defeats its purpose.

Most of your concepts here would be better if you kept that in mind. Even your Jets concept, which is very nice, has numbers that are too big.

I'll make the proper adjustments tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback!

No you could fit two 3's on Russell Wilsons jersey & look at this 15 for Flynn without question you could put 55 & it will still fit

WilsonRutz.jpg

No you could fit two 3's on Russell Wilsons jersey & look at this 15 for Flynn without question you could put 55 & it will still fit

WilsonRutz.jpg

How's that look on the Jets? Patriots re-size is underway as well

The helmet is really nice. However I think you should ditch the red pants. Use the white ones for the home and make blue pants for the away. That way you can use the red stripe and make your set more consistent throughout. I also think you should try some custom number fonts, or even an updated version of what they already have. Most of your number fonts just seem off to me.

The helmet is really nice. However I think you should ditch the red pants. Use the white ones for the home and make blue pants for the away. That way you can use the red stripe and make your set more consistent throughout. I also think you should try some custom number fonts, or even an updated version of what they already have. Most of your number fonts just seem off to me.

I'm still learning how to create my own fonts. What I'll do is at the very end of this series, I'm unveiling a complete overhaul for the Titans. That means a font I personally designed, A logo I personally design, and a completely unique identity.

Like this?

R1x4tNx.jpg

62n6wuQ.jpg

SO, because a change to the Pack will never EVER happen, I decided to go balls to the wall. This is the least realistic, and by far most nikefied team of the entire series. Also fair warning, it might literally hurt your eyes, O yes, I went THERE

UooLq3m.jpg

iL7cg8P.jpg

O6qpmRX.jpg

Home: I took full advantage of yellow. I think Oregon's yellow out is one of the best looks in college football, however, I failed to capture the beauty of those Oregon unis. My highschool aged younger brother saw these though and lost his mind, He wants them to be a reality, so I guess in that sense I captured what Nike would do to Green Bay pretty well.

Away: Much more toned down than the homes and focuses on the green in Green Bay.

Alrighty, I've got some playoffs to watch. I'll resume tomorrow with Da Bears.

As previously mentioned in this thread, most of these are eye-sores, however you are doing a pretty good job "Nike-fying" the teams. The numbers fonts are terrible, the colours are slightly off (one of the most annoying things Nike has done), most helmet stripes are MASSIVE, huge helmet logos, and other things that people focus on as Nike's negatives. I'm so torn when I look at this thread, because although I absolutely despise most of these, I could actually see Nike doing this to the uniforms somewhere down the road if they continued their awful destruction.

1425175351-U10338.png

Archived