Nikefying the rest of the NFL... (Falcons added, need feedback on differences between two jerseys) 15/28

TheSoundofThrowingPennies

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Skins fan, I can't say that I'm a big fan of the look. The black would be a no-no for most fans. A lot of the fans liked the addition of gold pants and deemphasis of white pants. Maybe add those to your set?

Believe me when I say these first two have been tough for me to touch. I think the current skins and Cowboys uniforms are two of the best in the league. I'll definitely try out yellow pants and see what it does, but within the parameters of the concept, I have to leave in black.

I dig that Cowboys set, for the Redskins the only thing I'm not crazy about is the number font. I might try a different font; that one kind of looks like a seven. I also think that brighter yellow works as a trim color, but those yellow pants coupled with the black socks look like they belong to the Steelers.

First off, Kelly green. I don't like the green at all to be perfectly honest, and the wings look clip art-y. Too much wing, not enough feathers, if you know what I'm saying by this, could be the problem.

I'm getting pretty lambasted by Eagles fans for this one, even the Cowboys and Skins sets had generally positive reviews, So I'll show you guys what I have now and am open to what I should build off of/scrap/etc...

BsP8OEg.jpg

The 5 is huge!

It's weird about this series. I hate them all, but isn't that what it's supposed to be like? I'm sorry if you take this the wrong way, but you are making this series an A+ if you are Nikefying all the teams. I hate all the NIKE looks, so this means you're doing a good job, but I hate them.

I hope that made sense. That's why I'm confused with all the negative comments. Shouldn't the bad looks be a good thing for this series?

It's weird about this series. I hate them all, but isn't that what it's supposed to be like? I'm sorry if you take this the wrong way, but you are making this series an A+ if you are Nikefying all the teams. I hate all the NIKE looks, so this means you're doing a good job, but I hate them.

I hope that made sense. That's why I'm confused with all the negative comments. Shouldn't the bad looks be a good thing for this series?

Haha I was thinking the same thing.

In fact I was a bit concerned it was gonna bit a bit too tame when I didn't immediately totally hate the Cowboys one.

The more garish colour, stupid numbers and ideas stolen from the nikeifyed college teams the better

I can understand the idea behind these concepts. We're not necessarily being asked whether we like these concepts, but what teams would look like if Nike redesigned NFL uniforms like they've done for those Pro Combat sets for college football. With that being said, here are my thoughts so far:

Cowboys-I doubt Nike would base uniforms off of a comic book character. I'd remove those chest stripes. Otherwise I can see these as Nike-type uniforms.

Redskins-These definitely look like Nike-style Pro Combat uniforms. Not only can I see Nike attempting to trot these out to the field, but they don't actually look half bad

Eagles-I think Nike not only would use midnight green instead of kelly green in any concept they do for the Eagles, but they'd darken it up even more. Those numbers need to be much more slender; what happens with players like Trent Cole (number 58) Brent Celek (87) or DeMeco Ryans (59)?

Good job on all of these so far. You'll have a hard time trying to Nikefy some of the NFL's other teams though because their uniforms are so traditional. Judging by the pattern you're going in it looks like the Giants are next up, and it's hard to think of what they'd look like in a Nike Pro Combat uniform or what you could do with them.

I hate all these, which means you're doing a damn fine job of envisioning a bizarro Nike-fied NFL. I can really see that eye-burning yellow for Washington if Nike ever were to get their hands on the team.

Looking forward to the rest.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

That Redskins name offends me. :therock:

You offend me,

I am not a fan of the black or the numbers. As someone else said, making them thinner may help. Also, that "R" is playing tricks with my eyes. At the right distance, it seems to flip backwards.

Kelly green needs to be used for the Eagles, because that uniform screams Seahawks to me.

Dallas is an upgrade just by matching the colors!

I'm getting pretty lambasted by Eagles fans for this one, even the Cowboys and Skins sets had generally positive reviews, So I'll show you guys what I have now and am open to what I should build off of/scrap/etc...

BsP8OEg.jpg

The 5 is huge!

Lets see the player with #55!

87Redskins.png

Archived