NFL Redesign - Falcons added, Panthers and Jags updated (10/32)

RO_

It's your project so I won't badger you about it, but I think the Jags shield looks good there. As far as the white outline on the numbers of the orange jersey, they work but are inconsistent with the numbers on the other jerseys. Those don't have an outline at all.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's your project so I won't badger you about it, but I think the Jags shield looks good there. As far as the white outline on the numbers of the orange jersey, they work but are inconsistent with the numbers on the other jerseys. Those don't have an outline at all.

That was my main reasoning for leaving the outline off the orange jersey in the first place, I like it with and without but I'm leaning more towards keeping the numbers consistent.

Well since I'm a quarter of the way through this redesign and there are a lot of broken links scattered about, I thought I'd post all the teams I've completed in one place.

Miami Dolphins:

fOXJIey.jpg

View the entire set here:

Minnesota Vikings:

Rupbr2x.jpg

Dallas Cowboys:

2n6eL1v.jpg

Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

odMRyY1.jpg

Pittsburgh Steelers:

VrFmkMV.jpg

Jacksonville Jaguars:

axARX8v.jpg

Chicago Bears:

Owytf9r.jpg

Cleveland Browns:

96oCZ4P.jpg

And in case you're interested, here are all of my discarded designs. I like to keep them around to see the progression.

Like this one:

ARXnwxu.jpg

See the rest here:

As always, thanks for all the great feedback everyone. Hope to have another team up soon!

Yeah there are a lot of great color schemes out there, it's too bad blue and red is so common. I'm definitely making it a point to differentiate all of the blue and red teams when I get to them, as well as giving teams with really muddy color palettes brighter ones.

Next up, the Carolina Panthers:

-Dropped silver from their color scheme, the team's colors are now only black and Carolina blue.

-Black helmet, their new logo just looks like it was made for one

-The 'blackout' look becomes their primary home. They are one of the teams that I think would pull it off.

-New stripes featuring 'slashes' similar to their wordmark.

Home:

SRNNNap.jpg

Away:

DTaqMmi.jpg

Home alt:

m7ySTci.jpg

Away alt:

nKSY0RH.jpg

Blue jersey options:

bBEk4Xy.jpg

fab09rp.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Maybe I missed a memo on this but is there a reason only the "A" in Panthers has the three pronged slash mark on the wordmark? Why not the other letters that have the single notch? Other than that the only thing that gets me is that the set looks kinda clunky with the striping. It doesn't give me the sleekness feeling I get when I think of a panther.

I like this look for Carolina, but I think you could've stretched the striping onto the collar area. Based off of what Oregon did with the new template, they used the feather pattern on the collar. I think this would look good if you extended the striping onto the collar.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I like the Carolina striping pattern a lot more than their currents. You've done a good job on all of these.

Thanks!

Maybe I missed a memo on this but is there a reason only the "A" in Panthers has the three pronged slash mark on the wordmark? Why not the other letters that have the single notch? Other than that the only thing that gets me is that the set looks kinda clunky with the striping. It doesn't give me the sleekness feeling I get when I think of a panther.

I have no idea why they gave just the 'A' in Panthers the three notches, haha. Is it the notches that you think makes the striping clunky, or the shape of the stripe in general? Just curious.

I like this look for Carolina, but I think you could've stretched the striping onto the collar area. Based off of what Oregon did with the new template, they used the feather pattern on the collar. I think this would look good if you extended the striping onto the collar.

I thought about doing that but ended up keeping it what it is now. I'm going to try that and see how it looks.

Love the concept, but I'm not liking the number font

I agree. Great uniform design, but the numbers are too round compared to the sharp angles and edges of the design.

I was trying to find a font that sort of resembled the wordmark (though I can't really say it does a good job of doing that, either), but I do agree that it looks out of place. Gonna try some more angular fonts and post an update later this evening. Thanks for all the feedback!

It is definitely the shape of the stripes that give me the "clunky" feeling. I like the slash marks a lot. Maybe a full colored yoke would look better. But I would suggest maybe a different approach all together given your previous use of yokes.

Love the concept, but I'm not liking the number font

I agree. Great uniform design, but the numbers are too round compared to the sharp angles and edges of the design.

I agree. Sharpen em. other than that a great look! Panthers desperately need work.

While working on the Panthers concept I was hit with a lot of inspiration for a Falcons concept, so I knocked that out as well. They currently have one of my least favorite unis in the league, and it seems that their throwback is incredibly popular, so a Minnesota style update seemed appropriate.

-Red helmet, black primary jersey. The red jersey is now the alt

-The striping pattern was inspired by the striping on the throwback's socks, the stripes also feature little 'wings' like the font and wordmark.

-Black and grey pants return

Home:
HrSX1k3.jpg
Away:
MDNh3JX.jpg
Black pants:
BKyf6zo.jpg
2DttARJ.jpg
Grey pants:
TOXCl9u.jpg
2702Gs8.jpg
Red alt jersey:
tzmSaPG.jpg

Fantastic. Love that number font for the dirty birds. One thing that makes your concepts look kind of sloppy though, is that the numbers are under the seams on the front. It looks like crap honestly. If you put them over the seams, these would look a lot better than they already are.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Atlanta's striping pattern is too generic for me, but those are exactly how I envisioned their number font when I did my concept for them recently. Great work on that! Applaud the presentation and work here -- just not a fan of the striping pattern, a little too boring.

I agree that the sleeve stripe on the Falcons is a bit generic.

The Panthers look good, though.

Overall, this is one of the best NFL concept series I've ever seen. I kind of wish Nike would hire you to do the redesigns because on the whole these are better than most of the uniforms that Nike has been putting out.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Archived