Photoshop Advice Megathread

Darth Brooks

I don't know if this is helping you above ^ or not, but it's worth a shot. Here's a jersey swap I did of Todd Gurley to Mizzou. For most of it, I used the screen/mulitply techniques to change the jerseys colors, and for the numbers/helmet i took them from different pictures.

If you PM me I can try to help you out.

8wiahf.jpg

I don't know what program you are using, but on every software program there is a "cutting" tool. I use GIMP, and on there, I use my mouse to make strokes around the image until I have it all selected, and cut it. I'm not sure how to tell you on anything else, but just search it on youtube.

Hope that helped

Curious? Using photoshop cs2 (I think I have cs2)

How can I create a vector image of the embroidery? Not the black background. I've never used photoshop before so I have no clue.

Thanks in advance-

Chris

Photoshop is actually a raster-based program, not a vector-based program. So anything you make in Photoshop will (unfortunately) be a raster image, unless you almost exclusively use shapes to make your image. If you want a vector image, you'll be much better off using Illustrator (if you're going to stay in the Adobe family.)

• 4 weeks later...
I have a question, and it is about "seams and cuts". I want to make some "3d photo-realistic etc etc" concepts, but i don't want to use Nike, Adidas, UA or any other brand but my "own" brand, Kochak Sports. The only problem is :"seams and cuts"..
I know how to "get rid of 'em" , but does anybody know to put them in the kits ??
PS : And sorry for resurrecting this, but I think that this kind of helpful topics ( although pinned ) shouldn't be left abandoned like this..

( Translated by : Google )

KbC0Lt6.png

Are you wanting more than this?

FzT2alo.jpg

You can put a seam in by copying it from another picture or drawing it in. If you just paste it you'll have the shadows, colors and what all from the first image. You can desaturate, use Multiply or what ever you need to clean it up.

• 3 weeks later...

QUESTION

I am using an older version of Photoshop, CS3 I believe. What is the best way to draw a clean line (like a stripe on an uniform) that has clean edges?

Usually, I use the Pen Tool to make the lines and curves, and then right click, convert to Brush Tool or whatever. Anyone have any tips or tricks?

QUESTION

I am using an older version of Photoshop, CS3 I believe. What is the best way to draw a clean line (like a stripe on an uniform) that has clean edges?

Usually, I use the Pen Tool to make the lines and curves, and then right click, convert to Brush Tool or whatever. Anyone have any tips or tricks?

^^ I use thin rectangles quite a bit when I'm doing stripes.

But how do you make curves? For instance, look at the sleeve stripes on the new Minnesota Vikings uniforms. On stripe has a radius to it, increasing the width.

QUESTION

^^ I use thin rectangles quite a bit when I'm doing stripes.

But how do you make curves? For instance, look at the sleeve stripes on the new Minnesota Vikings uniforms. On stripe has a radius to it, increasing the width.

There are probably better ways of doing this, but what I do is select the move tool (the top button) and click on one of the corner boxes on the shape, this causes these buttons to appear in the top right of the photoshop screen: ScreenShot2014-08-12at40720PM.png. The far left button allows you to warp the shape. I don't know an older version of photoshop has this, though. You can do the same thing by selecting Edit > Transform > Warp.

award%20sig.png