Darth Brooks

Photoshop Advice Megathread

124 posts in this topic

1sun.JPG

Working on image creation ... goal is to become a recognized expert in the humble art of electronic cut and paste.......

But I have a ways to go, I thought I could get some advice here. This image is from scratch - recreating one of the most breathtaking sight I've ever seen.  It was 4:55 a.m., and the sun hung like a giant cherry against a super smooth blanket of dove grey sky (f'ing phone battery was dead).  I've searched and searched, and indeed the discrete natures of the sun and its one color -- against the sky and its one color. Can't find anything like it.

PROBLEMS I SEE:  Greenery on edges too green for as dark as it is; pavement bad; perspective might be screwy; reflection of am/pm sign too light.. Somebody said it wasn't centered, but I think that's ok.

I'm using Photoshop Elements and - gulp - Paint. It's easy to maneuver with it I think.

1sun.bmp

sun-sun.JPG 

Gave it a mid-grey background - all the white behind it makes it hard to differentiate between colors and textures.

W-I-D-E-N-E-D the perspective on the street - both sides; lowered the height of the street-sky 'event horizon' one pixel; cleaned up the reflections of am/pm sign and lights on building.