Darth Brooks

Photoshop Advice Megathread

1sun.JPG

Working on image creation ... goal is to become a recognized expert in the humble art of electronic cut and paste.......

But I have a ways to go, I thought I could get some advice here. This image is from scratch - recreating one of the most breathtaking sight I've ever seen.  It was 4:55 a.m., and the sun hung like a giant cherry against a super smooth blanket of dove grey sky (f'ing phone battery was dead).  I've searched and searched, and indeed the discrete natures of the sun and its one color -- against the sky and its one color. Can't find anything like it.

PROBLEMS I SEE:  Greenery on edges too green for as dark as it is; pavement bad; perspective might be screwy; reflection of am/pm sign too light.. Somebody said it wasn't centered, but I think that's ok.

I'm using Photoshop Elements and - gulp - Paint. It's easy to maneuver with it I think.

1sun.bmp

0lLpYkc.png

Gave it a mid-grey background - all the white behind it makes it hard to differentiate between colors and textures.

Other changes ,,,,,,,,, E-N-L-A-R-G-E-M-E-N-T

W-I-D-E-N-E-D the perspective on the street - both sides; lowered the height of the street-sky 'event horizon' one pixel; cleaned up the reflections of am/pm sign and lights on building.  

Help me with this one guys ....... is the following IRONY or PARADOX ?

You sign up on a Forum dedicated to creative design and  colorful logos and uniforms ... you notice a good number of the members are highly skilled and knowledgable in these areas, seem like many are professional draftsmen or graphic designers.  B U T .... when you post in a Photoshop thread hoping for a few tips, all you get are crickets. For almost TWO YEARS!

IRONY, PARADOX, or a pencil-neck running a thinly-veiled BITCHFEST ?

10 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

Help me with this one guys ....... is the following IRONY or PARADOX ?

You sign up on a Forum dedicated to creative design and  colorful logos and uniforms ... you notice a good number of the members are highly skilled and knowledgable in these areas, seem like many are professional draftsmen or graphic designers.  B U T .... when you post in a Photoshop thread hoping for a few tips, all you get are crickets. For almost TWO YEARS!

IRONY, PARADOX, or a pencil-neck running a thinly-veiled BITCHFEST ?

If your topic isn't seen, it would be a paradox. If you aren't getting responses, look at who contributed and PM them directly. We aren't always going to be available due to other requirements away from this site. 

On 3/25/2014 at 11:35 PM, Darth Brooks said:

If you want a set of photos to practice with I suggest you look here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/65516705@N00/sets/72157641816748303/ It's a set of photos of the new Buccaneer uniforms and the photos are huge. In case I didn't say this, it really helps to work larger than what you want your final image to be. (It hides a lot of errors)

Also of note, when you complete your pictures, make sure they are resized so they can be used in certain programs. The below picture was originally almost 7500x7500 and couldn't be sent through Google Hangouts or Facebook Messenger. 

fjja20n.png