World License Plate redesign *Caithness and Manitoula*

1clkgtramg

First of all, I have to say I love this concept series, and congratulations on finishing the USA.

On this last plate, you should put an accent mark on the e in Mexico (like this: México) because it is pronounced MEH-hee-coh, not me-HEE-coh.

That said, this plate is excellent: a nice, clean look.

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, I have to say I love this concept series, and congratulations on finishing the USA.

On this last plate, you should put an accent mark on the e in Mexico (like this: México) because it is pronounced MEH-hee-coh, not me-HEE-coh.

That said, this plate is excellent: a nice, clean look.

Thanks,

I was worried about that. On the official plates they don't use the accents, even when its on their actual state names (except the 2012 one) So to played it safe and keep it clean, I just used the spelling from the the real one, but for slogans I will use the accents. If it bothers more people, I will change it.

Thanks. I will see what I can do. Still have been debating about an Alternate Florida Plate so we shall see.

In the meantime, here is Durango. I really like the colours I had to work with, taken from the 1999 and 2003 plates. They like the forest look it seems so I simplified the forest at the bottom. I really likes the Durango logo so I included it and its negative glory. Pretty much every icon in the state is covered in the wordmark/logo, except for the Scorpion, so I placed one int he top corner. Locals refer to it as the Scorpion State due to the large around of Scorpions found in the state - it also sounds pretty badass if you ask me :P

MX_DURA_GI3.jpg

15034526561_2385d756d4_b.jpg
14850935920_8d9dd916d9_b.jpg
15014582626_8dd0f2aa5c_b.jpg

Some of the greatest colour combination I have ever seen - its like the Mighty Ducks meet the Sharks, 2 of my favourite teams. I knew immediately I just wanted a basic double bar look because look at those colours! Ahhh too awesome. The slogan used is "Coal State" due to it being the largest mining state in Mexico and 95% of coal reserves in Mexico are situated in Coahuila. I usually refrain from adding gov't logos but this one looked pretty cool, its the state outline and some stylized globe, not sure, but it looked cool haha.

MX_COAH_GI3.jpg
15048940495_b882fde0c5_b.jpg
15045882461_f0b3ca7993_b.jpg
14862383507_91c9362e2c_b.jpg

since we dont really do coloured and patterned plates here you should try some uk ones

heres the font

http://www.dafont.com/uk-number-plate.font

perhaps one for each county would be interesting but one for each country would work just as well

I must echo the call for UK plates. :3

Make sure NI gets separate ones, at least, since they have a different numbering scheme than the rest of the UK.

Conworlds: Safir Alliance | Hoennverse

spacer.png

Some really nice plates here for these four recent Mexican plates!

I really like the "2009 design" on the Chihuahua plates and I just really like the color scheme in general.

Sonora has a really cool design to it, although I think it'd look better if "Mexico" was in all-caps there.

Durango is really nicely done! My only pet peeve about it is how there's just a random forest there. Maybe it could look better if one half of it was desert and the other half is forest. But that's just me.

Coahuila is a simplistic beauty! That's all I have to say. And did you do a six-digit serial on purpose instead of the regular seven-digit serials for Mexican plates.

Very well done on these Mexican plates!

Also, I have noticed on Flickr that you started working on Los Altos plates. I find it really cool seeing my drawing digitized, and you've certainly done a great job with them! My only nitpick is that the symbol "visitcn" and ".com" on the Coastania plate is supposed to be the Coastania state seal, not an "@" symbol. But otherwise, great job and I look forward to seeing more from Los Altos!

Some really nice plates here for these four recent Mexican plates!

I really like the "2009 design" on the Chihuahua plates and I just really like the color scheme in general.

Sonora has a really cool design to it, although I think it'd look better if "Mexico" was in all-caps there.

Durango is really nicely done! My only pet peeve about it is how there's just a random forest there. Maybe it could look better if one half of it was desert and the other half is forest. But that's just me.

Coahuila is a simplistic beauty! That's all I have to say. And did you do a six-digit serial on purpose instead of the regular seven-digit serials for Mexican plates.

Very well done on these Mexican plates!

Also, I have noticed on Flickr that you started working on Los Altos plates. I find it really cool seeing my drawing digitized, and you've certainly done a great job with them! My only nitpick is that the symbol "visitcn" and ".com" on the Coastania plate is supposed to be the Coastania state seal, not an "@" symbol. But otherwise, great job and I look forward to seeing more from Los Altos!

Ahhh, see I was wondering what that icon was. I was thinking visitcn@gov doesnt make any sense but I figured since its imaginary, things can change.

Thanks for the review on the last 4 plates, I havent posted many since I have run out of ideas again. I still have maybe 8 sitting here already done, but I'm gonna hold on to them for later.

About the serial numbers, Most are the standard Mexican style but I felt some would look better with the XXX 111 look especially if the divider was larger.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have some left over so I might as well post them. I haven't done any license plates since August, but I have a few left over so I'm just going to post them. I have just done too many that the designs are just giving me a headache. Trying to hard to think about what designs have been done, will people like it, does it look too simple etc. I just couldn't handle it anymore.

So here's one... No clue what I was doing, it was a while ago sooooo... yea, you're just going to have to take it as it is. I think the design in the background is a bunch of the state's logos - other than that, I don't know lol

15373805619_fb1391419f_b.jpg
15374787170_b96eb97c26_b.jpg
15374296338_cde267a3a9_b.jpg

Yes, I believe it was a metallic paint for the gold - seems to bleed otherwise.

This one I do remember how I made it. I used a more recent design but I cleaned it up made the Mayan's head smaller and used the older Teal and Orange. No Idea where I got the dark red slogan from..

MX_CHIA_GI3.jpg

14940310513_c183cd3c99_b.jpg
14939727184_b794def615_b.jpg
15557807131_0d18207266_b.jpg

Quite a bummer that ideas for new plate designs are going away for you; just now that I appreciated all your designs from the very beginning!

As for Campeche and Chiapas, they're really nice designs! Particularly Chiapas, a very clean, simple, and colorful design.

Understanding your artist's block situation, I still look forward to future plate designs from you!

Thanks, I appreciate it. And I'm sure many people appreciate my work, they just don't comment - I can tell by the 100-500 views everytime I post on here, unless someone is refreshing like a madman lol. I just felt my work was starting to lack in creativity or repeat itself - at the same time, I try to make all my work follow the same design language like Raysox' work, and well I guess yours too since you only draw them :P

In the meantime, I have been working on this bad boy.
15390761869_2058d0e2d5_b.jpg
I believe I will make a new thread here later on that is strictly about Tamaria - except for the sports related parts of course. But I have flags, maps and license plates for most of them, plus I was going to make Police Cars for major cities and road signs, all the good stuff.

I remember having some fun with this one. I tried to avoid too many Green/Red/White plates but this one was a must. The 2005 and 2010 versions were pretty good but I wanted to put a neo-retro spin on it. Really happy with how it turned out.

MX_PUEB_GI3.jpg
15585870411_8efcd6bd27_b.jpg
14967784534_bcdbe74414_b.jpg
14968377093_2dce2798ee_b.jpg

Archived