Illinois re-brand coming April 16th

BroadSt_Bully

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see the I still being the primary, but we will have a crazy alt logo. Just like what Nike did with Georgia, keeping the power G.

In terms of uniforms, I myself would like to see the zig-zag pattern on all Illinois sports uniforms.

If Illinois incorporates camouflage into their uniforms, I don't know how I'd react. Part of me would like the willingness to try something more unique than their blue and orange scheme. But then again, I feel it would hurt the creativity and greatness that goes along with the camo Army uses.

Also, I am not sure if it is completely established a "rebrand" is coming for the Seminoles. Maybe a tweak on the logo at the most. I think FSU's fanbase would refuse that kind of change, you wouldn't believe the symbolism that comes with FSU's tradition. The university students are huge traditionlists and would not go for it at all, currently on campus or graduated. It's a fantastic place.

There is going to be a lot of redesigns be unveiled mid April

Can't wait

Illinois and Florida st, but who else??
Arkansas.
Miami & Syracuse

Miami & Syracuse are getting full rebrands?? Or just new unis? I thought just unis for them.

There is going to be a lot of redesigns be unveiled mid April

Can't wait

Illinois and Florida st, but who else??
Arkansas.
Miami & Syracuse
Miami & Syracuse are getting full rebrands?? Or just new unis? I thought just unis for them.
I believe Miami is rebranding

This is going to suck this year since there in no NCAA football to play with the new uniforms.

EA should keep releasing uniform packs, that include throwbacks and updated uniforms.

I don't think EA can issue new uniform packs, legally. Plus it's not financially viable to just release uniform packs. Not enough customers to justify it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This is going to suck this year since there in no NCAA football to play with the new uniforms.

EA should keep releasing uniform packs, that include throwbacks and updated uniforms.

I don't think EA can issue new uniform packs, legally. Plus it's not financially viable to just release uniform packs. Not enough customers to justify it.

condersing whats not in the game(indiana's helmets, nevada's unis, northwestern's alt unis that's just to name a few)there is enough customers to buy it at 99 cents or 5 bucks. if they get the new unis in, well just take my money EA!!!

• 2 weeks later...

More college teams should unify their brand. It looks a lot better when every team is matching then when every team has different brands and templates for every sport.

Not necessarily. Kansas' old basketball uniforms with the circus font didn't really interfere with their other teams' non-circus fonts. Sometimes different looks can work really well within the athletic department.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

"Multiple, multiple combinations"

Should be interesting to see what they roll out.

"4 times as many combinations as wins!"

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I wouldn't be surprised if there is an emphasis on the state of Illinois. The university has adopted the motto "Our State, Our Team" over the last few years. I could see a logo with an outline or stamp of the state with a heavy dose of orange.

Archived