Qatar 2022 World Cup Discussion

Brian in Boston

lol at the mental picture of a bunch of ululating kooks rolling into a city of opulence in their busted Toyota Tundras. It'll be just like that time I crashed a confirmation party at Medinah Country Club, but with less ululating.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

lol at the mental picture of a bunch of ululating kooks rolling into a city of opulence in their busted Toyota Tundras. It'll be just like that time I crashed a confirmation party at Medinah Country Club, but with less ululating.

Looks like the admiral is watching team USA while rooting for team LSD or is it team THC ?

And who says a 0-0 can't be a good game? Italy's semifinal vs. Germany in 2006 is widely regarded as one of the best games of this past decade, and it was 0-0 until the 119' minute

Until the 7-1 Maracanazo II Germany put up against Brazil last year, I'd never seen a home, World Cup crowd so stunned and saddened by a World Cup game outcome as on that day when Italy opened up the floodgates near stoppage time in that 2nd extratime in that 2006 semifinal.

And who says a 0-0 can't be a good game? Italy's semifinal vs. Germany in 2006 is widely regarded as one of the best games of this past decade, and it was 0-0 until the 119' minute

Until the 7-1 Maracanazo II Germany put up against Brazil last year, I'd never seen a home, World Cup crowd so stunned and saddened by a World Cup game outcome as on that day when Italy opened up the floodgates near stoppage time in that 2nd extratime in that 2006 semifinal.

The term is actually Mineirazo.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I think Soccer needs to eliminate the off-sides rule and that will open up scoring and help boost American Interest.

No. Doesn't offsides promote action by pulling defenses out into action, ever tilting the field back & forth, instead of guys standing like a wall in the box all game?

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I think Soccer needs to eliminate the off-sides rule and that will open up scoring and help boost American Interest.

That would make it less high scoring as defences would virtually be standing on the goal line as a striker would always be virtually standing in the oppositions box all the time which would lead to high punts up the field and ruin the passing aspect.

glory10.png

• 4 months later...

So where to for 2022?

I say USA with a couple opening games in Canada.

The U.S. doesn't need Canada.

We would have it already if FIFA didn't like shiny new stadiums (or plans for them) and technology that doesn't exist.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Is Canada considered a "large" country? Do they base that on population or geography?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is Canada considered a "large" country? Do they base that on population or geography?

Well, they're in the G7. A dual France-Germany bid would probably be frowned upon for more or less the same reason.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫