Sports Time Travel: Where Do You Go?

Tigers6884

Oh, there are some!

Basketball:

Early 1970s to watch the Knicks and the Bucks win a Championship

Early 1990s or late 80s and watch some NBA Finals!

Mid 1990s to watch the Bulls and Ewings Knicks

Soccer:

1930 and 1931 German Finals: Seeing Hertha winning the Championship

1954: The World Cup Final Germany vs. Hungary

1974: World Cup: East against West Germany, which East Germany won

1977: Go to a Cosmos game

1999: the fog game between Hertha and Barca in the Champions League

That would be the most basic events that came me to mind.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd catch a few Leafs Cup wins throughout the 40s, 50s, and 60s.

The 1972 Summit Series, of course.

And then I'd head back to the opening ceremonies of the 1936 Olympics and shoot Hitler.

I'd go back to the early 2000's and watch my Buc's dominate, and of course win the Super Bowl.

Wow, I feel old.
You could not shoot Hitler without having drastic changes to our timeline and history. For some people, that would even lead to them being un-born.
Exactly. WWII may not have happened...

That's the end goal, yes.

As for not being able to do it? It's my time machine :P

My main focus would be events that were not televised. So no Nationals games would apply.

As a Bears fan I'd probably choose to go to the 1940 NFL Championship Game. Seeing my favorite team win the championship 73-0? Can't think of any event much better than that.

My other picks would likely be going to 1908 to actually see they mythical event known as the Cubs winning a World Series, and Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point game.

Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos: 45 Years, no World Series or pennant.

Chicago Bears: 1 NFL championship in the last 50 years.

When will my teams' futility end?

My main focus would be events that were not televised. So no Nationals games would apply.

As a Bears fan I'd probably choose to go to the 1940 NFL Championship Game. Seeing my favorite team win the championship 73-0? Can't think of any event much better than that.

My other picks would likely be going to 1908 to actually see they mythical event known as the Cubs winning a World Series, and Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point game.

Hahahahaha, mythical! Well said!

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I'd save Bartman from a lifetime of sports notoriety. Let the Cubs lose on their own merit.

Who is Bartman. I was some jackass named Magnus that interfered and cost the Cubs in 2003.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Haha, yeah, you'd think, but why would I want to take Bartman's place in Cubs' lore? I'd tackle Bartman instead of making a play for the ball, which perhaps would allow Moises Alou have a shot at catching it.

I'd go back to that Boise State/Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl game. Seems like one of those games that were better to watch in person than on TV.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I couldn't narrow it down enough, so I decided to do one outside my lifetime and one that occurred when I was very young (both are baseball-related).

My first choice would be to go back to 1957 and watch the Braves bring a World Series trophy to Bushville. In my mind, this was the event that made Milwaukee a legitimate major league city, and it would be cool to see in person.

Also, I would want to see the Brewers in the 1982 World Series, because I was only three years old when it happened and, therefore, don't remember Milwaukee going absolutely crazy about baseball 25 years after the Braves World Series appearance.

QPR%20Sig.png

• 1 year later...

Here are some I would love to see in person, now a lot of these would biased being from Kansas City.

Miracle on Ice

The Masters where Jack Nicklaus won in 1986 and Tom Waston winning the green jacket in 1977 and 1981 (I think).

The Chiefs and the Royals in their glory years including thier championship winning games.

The Chiefs and the Royals in old Kansas City Muncipal Stadium

The Scouts and the Kings before they left from KC.

Be a play-by-play broadcaster during the 1950s-1960s era of MLB.

The only things I would change would be:

Keeping the Scouts and Kings in KC and have them very sucessful.

Have the Chiefs win or be in more Super Bowls.

Have the Royals win the 1980 and 2014 World Series.

Get MLB to have a perfect economic balance, so every team can compete every year equally.

0JZafhY.gif7YcM9pl.gif

qsNLfmj.gifbIW6GIL.gif

Here are some I would love to see in person, now a lot of these would biased being from Kansas City.

Miracle on Ice

The Masters where Jack Nicklaus won in 1986 and Tom Waston winning the green jacket in 1977 and 1981 (I think).

The Chiefs and the Royals in their glory years including thier championship winning games.

The Chiefs and the Royals in old Kansas City Muncipal Stadium

The Scouts and the Kings before they left from KC.

Be a play-by-play broadcaster during the 1950s-1960s era of MLB.

The only things I would change would be:

Keeping the Scouts and Kings in KC and have them very sucessful.

Have the Chiefs win or be in more Super Bowls.

Have the Royals win the 1980 and 2014 World Series.

Get MLB to have a perfect economic balance, so every team can compete every year equally.

All your Kings/Scouts needed you to think about the Kemper Arena roof collapse.

http://matdl.org/failurecases/Building_Collapse_Cases/Kemper_Arena.html

Kemper_01_BKthumb_zpsjp6zxm8m.jpg

I'd start in the mid-60's, watching the rise of the great Liverpool teams under Shankly from the heyday of the Kop, and stick around until the first European Cup victories in the late 70's. Then I'd move to New York just in time to watch the great Islanders dynasty of the early 80's and finally the 1986 Mets.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

1. Miracle on Ice!!! (Can't decide between in person or on TV, but just to feel the famous call as it happens, but probably in person)

2. All the Wild firsts... Including games and playoffs. Would love to see Roy and the Avs drop game 7 to Bruno and the Wild in person!!!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I'd like to go back to 1979 for a couple reasons:

1. See the first Utah Jazz home game at the Salt Palace as a stark contrast to more modern times.

2. I'd tip off investigators concerning Carol Rosenbloom's death, preferably with a note that says "Got it, Georgia. We don't stop holding him down until he stops kicking." Then I'd like to see how that unfolds.

Otherwise, I'd go back and see the 1997-98 Utah Jazz play a game (just about any works), see Stan Musial and Ozzie Smith play, alongside the first Carolina Panthers home game. Then to say I did, I'd go see the last Hartford Whalers, Cleveland Browns v1.0, St. Louis (football) Cardials, and Houston Oilers home games.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

• 2 months later...
On 11/19/2015 at 2:18 AM, dfwabel said:

All your Kings/Scouts needed you to think about the Kemper Arena roof collapse.

http://matdl.org/failurecases/Building_Collapse_Cases/Kemper_Arena.html

Kemper_01_BKthumb_zpsjp6zxm8m.jpg

Sorry if I'm replying really late, didn't think about the Kemper Arena roof collapse. Ok, let me think. Maybe I change the collapse to never happen or I have the Kings & Scouts move to Kansas City's Municipal Auditorium (where the UMKC Kangaroos play) for awhile until the roof is complete and have them move back into Kemper until the Sprint Center is built. Or keep one of them in Kemper Arena/Municipal Auditorium and put the other in the Sprint Center. Just a couple thoughts.

0JZafhY.gif7YcM9pl.gif

qsNLfmj.gifbIW6GIL.gif

Archived