NEW Soccer Template **UPDATE 04/30** 3rd Page!

DomTheAthlete29

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My baseball template has front-viewed cleats, and since baseball cleats have a prominent tongue it's pretty easy to stick a logo on there and it be visible. When looking for great views of cleats at many different angles I always go to Ebay, since there's always listings with many photos showing the shoes up close with a lot of detail. Really makes a difference with details.

Zappos has photos of every angle of a shoe as well, and I believe they have baseball cleats. Could be a helpful resource!

Thanks gents! Totally forgot about Zappos and I'll take a look at eBay as well!

It's ironic that you did this, because I did the same thing years ago out of my baseball template lol. I made it for something in Logolympiad then lost it, so it's long gone, but nice job here man! Inspiring me to maybe start making a new template or two lol.

98Falcons.png

It's ironic that you did this, because I did the same thing years ago out of my baseball template lol. I made it for something in Logolympiad then lost it, so it's long gone, but nice job here man! Inspiring me to maybe start making a new template or two lol.

Funny you bring that up because you're template along with Berlin Wall and Waffles CL template really inspired me to get a template like this going!

• 2 weeks later...

AmsterdamUnited_zps042ff5b8.png

Still haven't perfected the boots, but here in the back view! Untucked the jersey as well. (Concept for my fantasy soccer team; Amsterdam United)

Could you maybe add a side view for the football template?

Ask and you shall receive :P (was already in the works)

fullguide_zps7f013a17.png

If anyone has an critiques on the template I would LOVE to hear them. I want to make this a very balanced and good template.

If anyone has an critiques on the template I would LOVE to hear them. I want to make this a very balanced and good template.

I was actually talking about making a side view for when you make the american football template, if you do. Thanks!

28oUP5K.gif

I was actually talking about making a side view for when you make the american football template, if you do. Thanks!

If I make it I won't share it :P lol

good stuff. may i suggest (or maybe this is already in the works) having numerous collars available within the template. that's my least fav part of making a concept, penning the collar curves.

Oh that's all in the works... Pretty much going to make collars as I make concepts, because I too love experimenting with new collars.

Pretty much the template is set up to interchange collars with a few manipulations of the nodes.

Pretty minor critique but I think the players are a little top heavy.

They kind of have the build of a rugby player more than a soccer player. Unless that soccer player is Wayne Rooney of course.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I'm really digging this template so far. Marble21 has a point about the rugby physique, though. Regardless, looking good.

May I ask what is potentially a stupid question on these forums... Is there a SVG or Illustrator doc coming, or is it up to us to take the PNG and work with that? I've seen flat templates shared before, so just curious.

It's also very possible that I've overlooked something else, in which case... my apologies.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

I'm really digging this template so far. Marble21 has a point about the rugby physique, though. Regardless, looking good.

May I ask what is potentially a stupid question on these forums... Is there a SVG or Illustrator doc coming, or is it up to us to take the PNG and work with that? I've seen flat templates shared before, so just curious.

It's also very possible that I've overlooked something else, in which case... my apologies.

There isn't an .svg or illustrator doc coming anytime soon. In the future I might open it up for others to use, but I would like to keep it in house at least until I finish the big project I have planned for it over the summer.

I'd also appreciate it if nobody works with the .png to 'trace' this template either. It's my personal template and when I'm ready to share I will.

In regards to the rugby physique, the player is meant to look like a mannequin. If you look at the Nike mannequins their upper bodies are slightly bigger than their lower bodies. I personally like the size, even if it's little top heavy.

The back view neck area is bothering me but I can't figure out why.

There isn't an .svg or illustrator doc coming anytime soon. In the future I might open it up for others to use, but I would like to keep it in house at least until I finish the big project I have planned for it over the summer.

I'd also appreciate it if nobody works with the .png to 'trace' this template either. It's my personal template and when I'm ready to share I will.

In regards to the rugby physique, the player is meant to look like a mannequin. If you look at the Nike mannequins their upper bodies are slightly bigger than their lower bodies. I personally like the size, even if it's little top heavy.

The back view neck area is bothering me but I can't figure out why.

Gotcha. By all means. I wasn't sure, but now I am. Although I know what happens when I assume, I've always thought there was implication in threads about templates that meant sharing of said template. My mistake. Good thing I work from my own.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Archived