New Eagles Font

ScubaSteve

Ok I can not for the life of me find the NFL changes thread so my bad if this is being repeated. The Eagles released a tweet today with a photo from their team shop. But notice the font difference:

BkJ6kQ6IgAATZc2.jpg

Think the NFL Changes thread was graveyarded.

The skinnier font reminds me of the 1997 preseason Jags unis, when the numbers were so skinny the team actually changed for the regular season. I think the older font is better.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Beat me by a couple minutes.

I do like this font a little more. I assume the font width is a bad Photoshop job, but the new "4"s remind me of feathers (like the primary logo), so this would be a welcome tweak. I think the font is too cartoony in general though, I've wanted a change for a while.

philliescreamersig2copy.png

Yeah they are usually top notch when it comes to graphics and overall branding. They invest a lot in it.

As for the numbers, the weird thing is that other than the 4, they look like condensed versions of the real numbers. Wonder why someone would use a variation of the real numbers for all but the 4. The 4 does look like it would fit in with the rest of them, so I'm curious where it came from. Considering sprowles jerseys are already in stores, I doubt anything is changing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yea its just a bad photoshop job. The point of the graphic is to introduce the new guys, those are not real jerseys. Eagles team cretive have been one of the best in the league. Probably an intern job

I was just about to comment on the "intern idea." I remember interning for the Pistons and had to create something with Aachen, but the computer I was assigned to didn't have it. The creative director just said to use a font similar to it, and not to worry about it.

That's probably what happened here, just used a similar font, nothing more.

That was my thinking is that all the senior designers went home for the day and neglected to tell the intern where the number font files were stored so this was the next best thing.

Archived