McElroy19

Howdy Guys I'm working on this logo set for a team I've come up with, the Mexico City Aztecs. I've got a primary and a word mark but I'm open on suggestions on how to Improv them and I also want to come up with a secondary logo and I'm not sure where to go with that.

gUhIBft.png

Let me know how to Make this better guys! Also what I should do for a secondary maybe a version of the eagle on the Mexican Flag?

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms
✨✨Let’s work together!! ✨✨

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The logo and workmark are great, just not sure about the yellow. How would turquoise look instead? Maybe keep yellow as an accent color. As far as secondary, maybe an eagle head with a snake in his mouth or an Aztec pyramid? I think you have a great start though.

Feathers remind me too much like Chicago Blackhawks...and I agree with Loyolaprop on the yellow...Id like to see turquoise or a light blue-green instead. Great start though!

For a secondary, maybe try something with a Quetzalcoatl. "To the Aztecs, Quetzalcoatl was, as his name indicates, a feathered serpent, a flying reptile (much like a dragon), who was a boundary-maker (and transgressor) between earth and sky. He was a creator deity having contributed essentially to the creation of Mankind."

24orncx.jpg

I vote on NOT changing the feathers' colours. It makes sense the way it is, regardless if it reminds you of the Blackhawks. It forms the Mexican flag in a clever way - it's subtle enough - and I honestly don't see this remotely similar to Chicago.

As for the addition of turquoise, maybe a small bit? I feel too much of it would be overbearing. A majority of Gold would be best representation of the location.

Alright Well it seems like we've got some room to play with now. I've come up with a few different versions of the logos incorporating teal as well as a version removing the flag colors. I'm still working on the secondary thanks for the ideas!

v6dE7qo.png

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms

I agree with bottom left. That's a fantastic update. Never been a big fan of including colors in the logo that wouldn't appear on the kit, and so I think the bottom left is definitely the best one. Looks good, fits historically, and the color scheme is very unique.

I'll be honest with you, I like the yellow more. Especially in the wordmark, there's not enough contrast between the brown, orange, and turquoise, which is leading to the triangle details causing some visual vibration (especially in the middle). There's also the added bonus of the feathers fitting in better with the yellow.

I think what's leading me away from the left options is the saturation of the color itself. You've got very vibrant, rich yellow on the right, and you have a muted blue/green hue on the left. If I were to pick which color fit better in a palette of brown and orange, yellow would win hands down. You need that contrast.

Nice update to the wordmark, by the way.

Here is the set with the new secondary logo. I'm not 100% happy with it because some of the perspective is wonky but it's a step in the direction I'd like to go so I'm ready for some feed back. What do you guys think about making the dark side look more like an "A"

NXeusZm.png

Thanks for all the input so far guys it's been very helpful.

I'll be honest with you, I like the yellow more. Especially in the wordmark, there's not enough contrast between the brown, orange, and turquoise, which is leading to the triangle details causing some visual vibration (especially in the middle). There's also the added bonus of the feathers fitting in better with the yellow.

I think what's leading me away from the left options is the saturation of the color itself. You've got very vibrant, rich yellow on the right, and you have a muted blue/green hue on the left. If I were to pick which color fit better in a palette of brown and orange, yellow would win hands down. You need that contrast.

Nice update to the wordmark, by the way.

I totally see what you're saying now I didn't notice till I read your comment. Do you think if I were to switch the teal and yellow in my last update it would help to alleviate that?

Yea the teal headband with gold outline is great!! May I suggest the triangles on the wordmark could be gold? It just bleeds a little bit. But this is almost perfect!

You could instead use the temple as the outline to a stylized A. Basically just front facing so that the side steps form the legs and the actual temple at the top forms the top serif.

Perhaps it's just me but I'm failing to grasp what's going on with the ...visor?... and top portion of the headdress.

Midway.png

Archived