McElroy19

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could instead use the temple as the outline to a stylized A. Basically just front facing so that the side steps form the legs and the actual temple at the top forms the top serif.

Perhaps it's just me but I'm failing to grasp what's going on with the ...visor?... and top portion of the headdress.

It's not a visor haha It's a type of Head dress that the Aztecs wore that features a large bird on top of the head

aztec-eagle-dancer--mexico-craig-lovell.

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms
✨✨Let’s work together!! ✨✨

Oh hell, I just realized that it was a birds beak! I'm an idiot, but I like it even more now! I don't know whether of not making the bird a different shade would help emphasize it or not

Here is the set with the new secondary logo. I'm not 100% happy with it because some of the perspective is wonky but it's a step in the direction I'd like to go so I'm ready for some feed back. What do you guys think about making the dark side look more like an "A"

NXeusZm.png

Thanks for all the input so far guys it's been very helpful.

I'll be honest with you, I like the yellow more. Especially in the wordmark, there's not enough contrast between the brown, orange, and turquoise, which is leading to the triangle details causing some visual vibration (especially in the middle). There's also the added bonus of the feathers fitting in better with the yellow.

I think what's leading me away from the left options is the saturation of the color itself. You've got very vibrant, rich yellow on the right, and you have a muted blue/green hue on the left. If I were to pick which color fit better in a palette of brown and orange, yellow would win hands down. You need that contrast.

Nice update to the wordmark, by the way.

I totally see what you're saying now I didn't notice till I read your comment. Do you think if I were to switch the teal and yellow in my last update it would help to alleviate that?

I'm still not big on the teal here, so I think swapping it out for yellow would be a good idea. Something about the color balance just feels off to me -- like you have 4 primary colors in the scheme (even though yellow is just a keyline). It's mostly the orange and turquoise not jiving, because I think it would be a nice look if the orange was a warm gray instead -- but I think you lose a lot of vibrancy that way. I think nixing the teal will make the mark a lot stronger by appearing a little simpler.

Here is the set with the new secondary logo. I'm not 100% happy with it because some of the perspective is wonky but it's a step in the direction I'd like to go so I'm ready for some feed back. What do you guys think about making the dark side look more like an "A"

NXeusZm.png

I'll be honest with you, I like the yellow more. Especially in the wordmark, there's not enough contrast between the brown, orange, and turquoise, which is leading to the triangle details causing some visual vibration (especially in the middle). There's also the added bonus of the feathers fitting in better with the yellow.

I think what's leading me away from the left options is the saturation of the color itself. You've got very vibrant, rich yellow on the right, and you have a muted blue/green hue on the left. If I were to pick which color fit better in a palette of brown and orange, yellow would win hands down. You need that contrast.

I totally see what you're saying now I didn't notice till I read your comment. Do you think if I were to switch the teal and yellow in my last update it would help to alleviate that?

Great Job!...I would go with the one on the right, the brown background makes it pop...

NXeusZm.png

I'm still not big on the teal here, so I think swapping it out for yellow would be a good idea. Something about the color balance just feels off to me -- like you have 4 primary colors in the scheme (even though yellow is just a keyline). It's mostly the orange and turquoise not jiving, because I think it would be a nice look if the orange was a warm gray instead -- but I think you lose a lot of vibrancy that way. I think nixing the teal will make the mark a lot stronger by appearing a little simpler.

No, Brown and gold would be the primary colors...leave the teal (turquorise, lt blue,etc) as a trim color...the red,white and green on the feathers would only be on the logos..

Stolen from blitz league II really lol

What is that? And If I had stolen it, which I obviously didn't, how would it be funny?

There was a video game that was called Blitz: The League 2 and one of the teams was Mexico City Aztecs.

The logos arent similar at all though.

MexicoCity_Aztecs.jpg

Stolen from blitz league II really lol

What is that? And If I had stolen it, which I obviously didn't, how would it be funny?

There was a video game that was called Blitz: The League 2 and one of the teams was Mexico City Aztecs.

The logos arent similar at all though.

MexicoCity_Aztecs.jpg

mmmmmmmmm okay? Thanks for the fill in don't see the "stolen" bit but okay? same name? Mines a hockey team.

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms

So I think I've gone back to Just Gold I did Like the teal but I'm just not sure it worked.

wSbedLC.png

I've had it suggested to alter the headdress to either make it look more like a bird, or change it to possibly a snake or jaguar how do you guys think that would work or if it would be better to just improv the bird.

I think the bird look is the strongest of the 3 options. Maybe emphasize the birds eye a bit better, it should be fine.

I hope the Jerseys are brown/gold/orange/white

I would definitely stick with the bird, maybe move the head back a little and emphasize the front of the beak more? Seems like it's that way in the photo you posted, but I'm just spitballing here. The colors look great now, though!

Archived