Florida State Unveils New Logo and Uniforms

STL_ArchMadness

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just don't like that the feather extends out of the circle and does not follow the ark of the circle like the last logo

The hair already broke the circle in the original logo, so I don't see the point in keeping the feather inside.

man i would not want to be the one that had to update this logo. it's a large improvement and nobody's happy. certainly not flawless but the scary thing about a project like this is there's no winning. people are hard enough to illustrate, but doing a Native American singing without it having something "wrong" with it seems like a lost cause. and even if you nailed it theres going to be that group who prefer the older, :censored:tier version just because its familiar

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The face is a lot better...the feather bothers me to no end because it looks added-on, rather than part of the logo's overall design. Kind of a pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey look. The fact that it's so far outside the circle, and the hair is not circular but a little wavy, is pretty dumb.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

man i would not want to be the one that had to update this logo. it's a large improvement and nobody's happy. certainly not flawless but the scary thing about a project like this is there's no winning. people are hard enough to illustrate, but doing a Native American singing without it having something "wrong" with it seems like a lost cause. and even if you nailed it theres going to be that group who prefer the older, :censored:tier version just because its familiar

I'm with you. While I think LandThieves version with Bowden is hilarious, I think they did a really nice job updating. It's one of those things that many will be unhappy with no matter what. I think my only gripe is the feather. I really liked how the feather fit in the concept that mcrosby did. Other than that, I think it's a solid update that captures the essence of the original and cleans up the sleepy, toothless aspect of the original.

The new one looks horrible.........I've read all the comments on the internet, and most people think it looks like a white guy, anything from Christopher Walken to Elvis to a frat boy....he's either in extreme pain, belting out a song, or oddly sexual

many people think the FSU on the feather looks swastika-ish

I'm not sure what the Athletic Dept. at FSU was thinking, but I think this is going to be a huge FAIL

Already, with all of the negative feedback on the internet, I bet this doesn't last more than a year or two, long enough for damage control to kick in and for them to get a new updated version, maybe something like mcrosby came up with....

Here's a thought....make a couple different ones and let the student body vote on it. Don't just show up with a piece of crap and expect everyone to be happy

The new one looks horrible.........I've read all the comments on the internet, and most people think it looks like a white guy, anything from Christopher Walken to Elvis to a frat boy....he's either in extreme pain, belting out a song, or oddly sexual

I'm not sure what the Athletic Dept. at FSU was thinking, but I think this is going to be a huge FAIL

Already, with all of the negative feedback on the internet, I bet this doesn't last more than a year or two, long enough for damage control to kick in and for them to get a new updated version, maybe something like mcrosby came up with....

Here's a thought....make a couple different ones and let the student body vote on it. Don't just show up with a piece of crap and expect everyone to be happy

1. you could say all those things about the old one.

2. people always want to compare things to other things but thats about as far of a reach as i've ever heard.

3. people will get used to it

4. thats possible, but if FSU sticks to their guns point 3 will happen and everything will be fine

5. that solves no problems at all. the logo isnt drawn well, there is no use in putting 3 badly drawn logos up for a vote. this whole project needed more care, time, and skill. all that said, i still say its a lot better than the old. but yea Crosby's mark is better than both. the way to "fix it" is to put it in the hands of someone who is capable of doing it right, not having the student body pick their favorite version

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

This is embarrassing for a university I plan on attending in the next few years. A lot of people I know attending the university says the response on campus is absolutely terrible. Hopefully they pull a 49ers and keep the old one. Way too much history to just dump one of the best logos in sports.

This is embarrassing for a university I plan on attending in the next few years. A lot of people I know attending the university says the response on campus is absolutely terrible. Hopefully they pull a 49ers and keep the old one. Way too much history to just dump one of the best logos in sports.

well, I bet they have a lot of merchandise already made with this logo all over it....

JMO, but I would imagine that it would take a year or two to get over this flop....I don't know who ok'd this, but I can't imagine this looks good on a resume

1. you could say all those things about the old one.

2. people always want to compare things to other things but thats about as far of a reach as i've ever heard.

3. people will get used to it

4. thats possible, but if FSU sticks to their guns point 3 will happen and everything will be fine

5. that solves no problems at all. the logo isnt drawn well, there is no use in putting 3 badly drawn logos up for a vote. this whole project needed more care, time, and skill. all that said, i still say its a lot better than the old. but yea Crosby's mark is better than both. the way to "fix it" is to put it in the hands of someone who is capable of doing it right, not having the student body pick their favorite version

1. True...and the old one does look old....but I still think it looks better than this new one

2. the general consensus of comparisons is negative

3. The student body or alumni shouldn't have to "get used to it"....if they don't like it, they don't like it

4. Well, we will see if this thing gets booed at the spring game....FSU shouldn't try to "stick to their guns", they should be flexible enough and just admit that the made a mistake

5. Creating a vote doesn't solve problems? it solves many problems, mainly the accountabilty of the Athletic Dept. It also gives students an opportunity to participate, and not have to "get used to" anything

Archived