Veras

History of a Fictional Football League (1986 Postseason: Quarterfinals)

Asterix777    49

Well, that VB was interesting. 

I'm glad Portland lost and looked thuggish in the process. I'm guessing their nationally-televised behavior won't win them very many fans, and that's more fans heading to a team that would probably dominate it's local area (CO,WY,UT,) as well as being surrounded by opponents with less history (AZ,POR,SEA,CAL) 

In fact, i'd be willing to wager the Centennials are the most popular AFA team in the West, what with their environment and track record of success.

And speaking of the Cents, what's their plan for the offseason? Tear it down and trade up for a franchise QB, or reload for one last run with Blitz's boys?

1 hour ago, Asterix777 said:

Well, that VB was interesting. 

I'm glad Portland lost and looked thuggish in the process. I'm guessing their nationally-televised behavior won't win them very many fans, and that's more fans heading to a team that would probably dominate it's local area (CO,WY,UT,) as well as being surrounded by opponents with less history (AZ,POR,SEA,CAL) 

In fact, i'd be willing to wager the Centennials are the most popular AFA team in the West, what with their environment and track record of success.

And speaking of the Cents, what's their plan for the offseason? Tear it down and trade up for a franchise QB, or reload for one last run with Blitz's boys?

Asterix,

I actually do think the Cents being the West's most popular team is a possibility (the Whales I could see as the other possibility and maybe the Comets due to having a large market despite performing poorly recently). I believe though out of the teams in the west the Cents would have a greater national spread in their fan base compared to other western teams. Success does help a lot, and I do agree that Blitz is also a marketing and national icon - other past players such as St. Mark would have been marketing/national icons as well. 

P.S. I really love your profile pic - Asterix is an awesome comic book series!

ChicagoOakland    382
3 hours ago, Asterix777 said:

I'm glad Portland lost and looked thuggish in the process. I'm guessing their nationally-televised behavior won't win them very many fans...

...either that or they just became the AFA's version of the Raiders; the team for the rebels and burnouts of the world.

Jimmy Lethal    243
1 hour ago, ChicagoOakland said:

...either that or they just became the AFA's version of the Raiders; the team for the rebels and burnouts of the world.

holy crap dudes you have no idea how down for this I'd be

FDW    18
2 hours ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

holy crap dudes you have no idea how down for this I'd be

Funny thing is, I actually brought up that idea with Veras at one point.

Asterix777    49
27 minutes ago, FDW said:

Funny thing is, I actually brought up that idea with Veras at one point.

If any city is able to represent that free-spirit style, it's Portland. 

FDW    18
1 hour ago, Asterix777 said:

If any city is able to represent that free-spirit style, it's Portland. 

Yeah, I came to that too, extrapolating from how berserk RL Portlanders are for the Blazers and Timbers. 

And IMO, The Dragons first Victory Bowl looked an awful lot like The Raiders first Super Bowl: getting blown out by a legend on his last legs.