Veras

History of a Fictional Football League (1990 New Jersey Sharks)

2 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

I love the Bosses and Boars, but I feel Crows could be a good option. They'd be the first team that could really embrace black as their color, setting them apart from everyone else.

Here in town we actually have a BBQ restaurant named 'Smokin' Crow's Barbeque'. I thought of that the instant I saw Crows. 

That being said, going along the same line of thinking, I'm going to suggest Vultures as the name. There's really a lot of possibilities you could apply a BBQ theme on. 

Kansas City Crows..... yeah we need something like that in a pro football league. It will be an interesting way of them embracing black uniforms like Tyrano123 mentioned. Almost like Baltimore Ravens or Jacksonville Jaguars does with full black uniforms. I am liking the name for Kansas City. 

Tampa Bay/Tampa Tuskers could be an alternate to the other hog names as well as keeping the alliteration.

Kansas City Crows would be unique and possibly even a bit of ode to the KC Hawks 

Why not the Kansas City Scarecrows?  That would be an impressive identity in its own right...

56 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

Why not the Kansas City Scarecrows?  That would be an impressive identity in its own right...

I can't see the whole identity being that but I can see that being a nickname embraced by fans!

Actually, the PERFECT name popped in...the Kansas City Reapers!

Homage to the Heartland's agricultural heritage, but the logo, branding and all that could be Grim Reaper-related...plus, with the"Reaperdome" giving off a darkened effect, this is your chance to come up with a "badass" team identity.

12 hours ago, MBurmy said:

Actually, the PERFECT name popped in...the Kansas City Reapers!

Homage to the Heartland's agricultural heritage, but the logo, branding and all that could be Grim Reaper-related...plus, with the"Reaperdome" giving off a darkened effect, this is your chance to come up with a "badass" team identity.

I love the overall name and such but I see one Major Issue with that name. The Color Scheme.

That would likely be a Black and Silver focused Color Scheme and I'd like to think Pittsburgh would have some commotion about it.

On June 6, 2016 at 0:13 AM, neo_prankster said:

Also, the name Baymen would just enable rival fans to substitute the B with a G.

As for my ideas...

Kansas City

- Twisters

- Bosses (Why not? I mean words like Boss and Chief are pretty much the same as Dude and Bro nowadays)

- Outlaws

- Cavalry

- Knights

- Crusaders

- Diesels

- Bullfrogs

- Sorcerers

Tampa Bay

- Bandits

- Barracudas

- Corsairs

- Stingrays

- Crocs

- Waves

Yes well fans will be fans they'll think of a counter taunt. Also Kanas City Calvary sound good

Thanks guys, I definitely appreciate the suggestions.  I'm going to do some work on a few different ideas, and see what I like once the logos actually start to come together.  I think the ones that I will start with (in no particular order) are Crows, Pioneers, Reapers (which would use wheat as a secondary color, so there isn't much chance of looking too much like Pittsburgh), Boars/Tuskers, and Invaders (playing on the suggested Alien theme).  I also want to specifically mention @eick74's suggestion of Kansas City Americans, which I love.  The only problem is that their intrastate rivals in St. Louis already use a red, white, and blue color scheme, so I'm not sure that I want to go that direction.

In the mean time, I'm going to try to get the story moving again.  I'm going to spend a significant amount of time today and tomorrow on getting the offseason ready to go, so hopefully it should be ready soon.

On 6/5/2016 at 11:24 AM, officerpain138 said:

I haven't been able to really follow this thread since my wife and I are expecting our son to arrive any day now! (Vera's I hope your wife is doing well!).

First of all, congratulations and good luck.  My wife is doing great, thanks for asking.  We're down to 10 weeks remaining (which is part of the reason that I haven't been on as much recently).

Another suggestion for Tampa: Marauders.

3 hours ago, Veras said:

I also want to specifically mention @eick74's suggestion of Kansas City Americans, which I love.  The only problem is that their intrastate rivals in St. Louis already use a red, white, and blue color scheme, so I'm not sure that I want to go that direction.

Thanks, I understand not wanting to have duplicate color schemes, but as I was thinking about, it could be an interesting way of bringing some drama between owners, Similar to the Cincinnati Bengals copying the Cleveland Browns colors. I could see somebody like Bill Veeck doing this.

31 minutes ago, eick74 said:

Thanks, I understand not wanting to have duplicate color schemes, but as I was thinking about, it could be an interesting way of bringing some drama between owners, Similar to the Cincinnati Bengals copying the Cleveland Browns colors. I could see somebody like Bill Veeck doing this.

Little side note I thought was funny, I had Bill Veeck's son as one of my professors this year. Had some awesome stories about his childhood 

Like the Miami floridians but in tampa

i've got to put my vote in for the Tampa Tuskers and i was sold on the Crows for KC as I've always thought this would be a perfect name for a Midwest city but then the name Reapers was brought up so i'm torn on a name for KC. Props to everyone for great suggestions.

Tampa Bay Marauders or Barracudas would be my suggestions.

Kansas City Crows or Tuskers.

The more I hear Kansas City Reapers, the more I like it.  As for Tampa Bay, put me down for Barracudas (the team could even run out onto the field to the Heart song of the same name :P)

This concept will go in the memorable concept thread when finished, correct?

1 hour ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

This concept will go in the memorable concept thread when finished, correct?

This thread will never finish. It will continue until the AFA is 500 years old