Veras

History of a Fictional Football League (1990 New Jersey Sharks)

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

And while we're on the topic...

 

CONGLATURATION, HURRICANES!

 

Cue Adam Sandler screaming “You blew it!” and final scene in NGE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

And while we're on the topic...

 

CONGLATURATION, HURRICANES!

I just think the Hurricanes are too good right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to the Guardians on the win. 

 

Now Detroit needs to build on their current roster and push further into the playoffs next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From now on, no one can ever say the Guardians couldn't win the big one anymore. ^_^

 

Has someone asked about Tecmo Victory Bowl yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

From now on, no one can ever say the Guardians couldn't win the big one anymore. ^_^

 

Has someone asked about Tecmo Victory Bowl yet?

Or What about the AFA's Version of John Madden Football? or AFA Gameday? or AFA Blitz?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, stratonascar said:

Or What about the AFA's Version of John Madden Football? or AFA Gameday? or AFA Blitz?

Its still the mid eighties, I dont think those games were around yet. Maybe in this alt universe things are different though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

 

Its still the mid eighties, I dont think those games were around yet. Maybe in this alt universe things are different though...

 

The SEGA Genesis came out in 1988 (the Turbografx-16 the year before), and you already 16-bit computers hitting the mainstream. I think now would be the appropriate time to start considering it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

From now on, no one can ever say the Guardians couldn't win the big one anymore. ^_^

 

Has someone asked about Tecmo Victory Bowl yet?

 

2 hours ago, stratonascar said:

Or What about the AFA's Version of John Madden Football? or AFA Gameday? or AFA Blitz?

 

2 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

 

Its still the mid eighties, I dont think those games were around yet. Maybe in this alt universe things are different though...

 

2 hours ago, stratonascar said:

Probably we will look forward to AFA Video Games when we head to the Early 1990's, I Think.

 

35 minutes ago, FDW said:

 

The SEGA Genesis came out in 1988 (the Turbografx-16 the year before), and you already 16-bit computers hitting the mainstream. I think now would be the appropriate time to start considering it. 

I was hoping to introduce a character who would be the one to have the contract on all AFA games but he may not be seen until the mid-90s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we're still a couple years out from serious licensing deals, though certainly titles are floating out there and there are already football games on the NES. None of them at this point are likely to have league or AFAPC licenses. It'll be a couple of years before the 16-bit era takes enough hold and that will be something real, though.

 

Has someone ever considered making a ROM hack of one of the 16-bit Madden games for the AFA? Might be a cool thing to do once we hit the mid-90s...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when Pokemon gets released stateside, have Nintendo buy the Firebirds and give them a new Moltres-inspired look

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nick_crenshaw82 said:

 

 

 

 

I was hoping to introduce a character who would be the one to have the contract on all AFA games but he may not be seen until the mid-90s.

 

I'd rather the AFA not go with an exclusive contract. The Sports game monopolies have led to mediocre gaming and shameless cash grabbing. 

 

1 hour ago, Raymie said:

I think we're still a couple years out from serious licensing deals, though certainly titles are floating out there and there are already football games on the NES. None of them at this point are likely to have league or AFAPC licenses. It'll be a couple of years before the 16-bit era takes enough hold and that will be something real, though.

 

Has someone ever considered making a ROM hack of one of the 16-bit Madden games for the AFA? Might be a cool thing to do once we hit the mid-90s...

 

The first Madden was released in 1988. And honestly, the 16-bit era could've already gotten underway by this time. Nintendo's 3rd Generation monopoly status lengthened the 8-bit era beyond what was natural, or the NES could've been the 16-bit to begin with (It was originally planned to be). or the console wars could be completely different, since Nintendo and most of the Japanese names we know only got the foothold they did because most of the American names got the idea that Video Games were a fad that died out in 1983. But Veras hates butterflies.

 

42 minutes ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

when Pokemon gets released stateside, have Nintendo buy the Firebirds and give them a new Moltres-inspired look

Nintendo of America has always been based in Redmond, just outside Seattle. They'd be purchasing the Grizzlies, and the Grizzlies don't lend themselves to pokemon makeover as much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Madden Football in the AFA would be Blake Mitchard Football given how long he's been under the mic for the AFA, I assume. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Raymie said:

I think we're still a couple years out from serious licensing deals, though certainly titles are floating out there and there are already football games on the NES. None of them at this point are likely to have league or AFAPC licenses. It'll be a couple of years before the 16-bit era takes enough hold and that will be something real, though.

 

Has someone ever considered making a ROM hack of one of the 16-bit Madden games for the AFA? Might be a cool thing to do once we hit the mid-90s...

 

I would love the bolded! Hope someone here is in the mod community.

 

4 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

John Madden Football in the AFA would be Blake Mitchard Football given how long he's been under the mic for the AFA, I assume. 

 

I don't think he would be. If you're following the same method as Madden that would more likely apply to Stanley McKay. McKay does color commentary just like Madden did. And Veras seems to imply that McKay's quirky personality makes him extremely popular.  And who's to say it has to work out that way? Maybe a highly popular retired player is put in that spot, or maybe the AFA licenses their name out (albeit early).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I had a feeling Houston was going to get destroyed. Congrats to Cincy. Definitely impressive to win 2 VBs in 3 years. Now lets get the next season going! I am anxious to see what my Imperials do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expansion teams..... i am voting for Indianapolis and Salt Lake City..... lol. But it is up to the expansion council.... just if I were a multi-millionaire, I probably would force hands to get these team..... (sighs) that is a dream. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Veras, are you making sigs for the USFA teams? Wouldnt mind a Utah Pioneers one if so.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now