Veras

History of a Fictional Football League (1990 New Jersey Sharks)

I love both home sets! The black jersey is nice but I am in agreement that there isn't a lot of orange. If this were my league, I'd stick with the orange home set. Years down the road it can be revisited. I'm sure fans would be crying for a black jersey if a photo of the home jersey in black was ever leaked. That might push the sharks to revisit and make updates the next time jerseys are changed. Just my opinion. 

More importantly, bro take care of yourself. I'm glad you are getting back on track. 

On 8/6/2018 at 12:50 AM, BellaSpurs said:

Maybe try an orange collar on the black uniforms and a black one on the white? I can’t remember if any other teams have colored collars but some nfl teams do and it could help balance out the colors on the uniform, and on the black shorts maybe an orange stripe instead of a white one? If that doesn’t be work I think it’ll be okay as is but it’s worth a shot.

I like the orange collar.  It really does break up the black.

On 8/6/2018 at 10:13 AM, BengalSteve said:

I may be late to the party, but I am happy you're back, Veras! New Jersey's new look is pretty solid looking and appropriate for the 1990s as everyone else has said, and I don't remember if you've mentioned it already, but are there any other teams in the AFA or USFA that are getting new uniforms? Any other storylines of interest as we head into the 1990 offseason?

Anyway, I'm looking very much forward to what you have in store, and I hope your health is doing better!

There are going to be a lot of minor changes to AFA uniforms, as more than half a dozen teams switch to the new jersey template.  For the most part, that won't result in significant changes, though some teams will need to make some modifications to the TV numbers and/or striping pattern to accommodate the shorter sleeves.

And the Indiana Warriors will go full 1990s, and make a grab at the wildest jersey in the USFA (which is saying something).

On 8/6/2018 at 11:04 AM, officerpain138 said:

I love both home sets! The black jersey is nice but I am in agreement that there isn't a lot of orange. If this were my league, I'd stick with the orange home set. Years down the road it can be revisited. I'm sure fans would be crying for a black jersey if a photo of the home jersey in black was ever leaked. That might push the sharks to revisit and make updates the next time jerseys are changed. Just my opinion. 

More importantly, bro take care of yourself. I'm glad you are getting back on track. 

I actually like the orange more, but the black feels more 1990s to me.  Honestly, what I really want to do is go mono black with them, but it's just too early.  In the late 1990s or early 2000s, they'll almost certainly adopt an orange alternate and go with black pants full-time.

However, he is the final draft of the New Jersey Sharks.  I'm also showing the logo set with the orange eye on the helmet, because I forgot to make that update earlier.

1990_new_jersey_sharks_by_verasthebrujah

1990_new_jersey_sharks_uniform_by_verast

Insomnia sucks, and I have a solid hour before I need to be up, so I may or may not make another post this morning, depending on whether or not I think I can grab an extra hour of sleep.

13 hours ago, Veras said:

I like the orange collar.  It really does break up the black.

There are going to be a lot of minor changes to AFA uniforms, as more than half a dozen teams switch to the new jersey template.  For the most part, that won't result in significant changes, though some teams will need to make some modifications to the TV numbers and/or striping pattern to accommodate the shorter sleeves.

And the Indiana Warriors will go full 1990s, and make a grab at the wildest jersey in the USFA (which is saying something).

I actually like the orange more, but the black feels more 1990s to me.  Honestly, what I really want to do is go mono black with them, but it's just too early.  In the late 1990s or early 2000s, they'll almost certainly adopt an orange alternate and go with black pants full-time.

However, he is the final draft of the New Jersey Sharks.  I'm also showing the logo set with the orange eye on the helmet, because I forgot to make that update earlier.

1990_new_jersey_sharks_by_verasthebrujah

1990_new_jersey_sharks_uniform_by_verast

Insomnia sucks, and I have a solid hour before I need to be up, so I may or may not make another post this morning, depending on whether or not I think I can grab an extra hour of sleep.

THAT. LOOK. IS. AWESOME. 

Also, take the extra sleep first. We aren't that important.

I agree with you that the black jersey does look more appropriate for the early 90's. You did an excellent job with this team, that final set looks awesome! I never thought that a team named the sharks would have a great set of logos, jerseys, wordmarks, etc without the use of some variation of a blue or teal. But this looks awesome!