Veras

History of a Fictional Football League (1990 Postseason: 45th Victory Bowl)

Any ideas on where the 90s expansion teams will be?

Well, no, but the USFA cities that have showed strong support for their franchises will presumably have a strong argument in favor of their bids.

On 9/4/2018 at 12:20 PM, Jimmy Lethal said:

Any ideas on where the 90s expansion teams will be?

I mean, based on Veras' history, he'll likely have great options available to be voted upon if he chooses to do an Expansion Council. Or he'll pick his own cities that will fit the narrative the way he wants his story to go.

On 9/4/2018 at 3:48 PM, Veras said:

Well, no, but the USFA cities that have showed strong support for their franchises will presumably have a strong argument in favor of their bids.

Carollina (Southeastern division) and Louisville (Northern division) seem like good contenders

19 minutes ago, TargetToad said:

Carollina (Southeastern division) and Louisville (Northern division) seem like good contenders

Or OKC since they’re really good

56 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Or OKC since they’re really good

Actually yeah, that does make more sense.

1. (My preferred) Put OKC in the Central (move Miwaukee or Minnesota to the North) &

Carolina in the Southeast (move Atlanta to the South) 

OR

2. OKC in the South &

Carolina in the Southeast (move Baltimore to the Northeast and move Pittsburgh to the North)

The teams themselves don't wouldn't matter. The markets would. My assumption is that if teams from the USFA market would be added, it wouldn't be the USFA franchise. So the new teams would be expansion franchises and would go through the expansion draft process. The players in the USFA would likely become free agents in the AFA.

3 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

The teams themselves don't wouldn't matter. The markets would. My assumption is that if teams from the USFA market would be added, it wouldn't be the USFA franchise. So the new teams would be expansion franchises and would go through the expansion draft process. The players in the USFA would likely become free agents in the AFA.

Well i was referring to the having 90s AFA expansion teams in the markets of successful USFA teams, not the USFA teams themselves

Something i just thought of: Does the AFA ever get a tecmo bowl game? Like, who would be the 12 teams? (Pittsburgh & New York would be obvious, but about the other 10)

10 hours ago, TargetToad said:

Something i just thought of: Does the AFA ever get a tecmo bowl game? Like, who would be the 12 teams? (Pittsburgh & New York would be obvious, but about the other 10)

If you read back through this post (do it, it's totally worth it), the discussion of video games does happen. But long story short: Veras is focused more on the on-field product, things that would directly affect that, and, of course, logo and jersey design.

12 hours ago, TargetToad said:

Apparently (whether its canon, I'm unsure) there is an AFA-licensed game based on a real NFL game developed by LJN called " AFA Road to Victory". Kind of wish I could see the inevitable AVGN review of this game.

42 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Apparently (whether its canon, I'm unsure) there is an AFA-licensed game based on a real NFL game developed by LJN called " AFA Road to Victory". Kind of wish I could see the inevitable AVGN review of this game.

They do LjN, but not Tecmo? Seriously :0

14 minutes ago, TargetToad said:

They do LjN, but not Tecmo? Seriously :0

Apparently there was also a game that had a licensing agreement with the player's union based on Tecmo Bowl. Apparently. Competition is good for vidya IMO.

19 hours ago, TargetToad said:

Some of these things are really fun

to speculate about! There are some obvious ones. Imperials, Miners, Cents, Gladiators, Butchers, Ghosts, Gaurdians and Captains would all undoubtedly be in there. That would leave it to two teams and I would guess it would come down to some combo of the Krewe, Rebels, Angels, Comets or Dragons. 

Excited to see what happens next in this extremely exciting AFA universe! 

Bumping it up to keep this alive in hopes the NY Imperials break their long Championship drought

Hey, I've reappeared.  I've been working on rewriting the playoffs, and was getting ready to start posting the story again when I realized that I never showed the 1990 USFA uniform update.  Remember how the USFA is supposed to be crazy-90s and over the top?  I give you the Indiana Warriors.

Old uniform - basically, they didn't want to wear black anymore in the spring/summer league.

1988_indiana_warriors_uniform_by_verasth

New Uniform

1990_indiana_warriors_uniform_by_verasth

So sayeth a kid who looks like a teenage Patrick Mahomes. Also, LSD is not a toy because whoever designed this uniform didn't get that memo.