Veras

History of a Fictional Football League (The USFA - Carolina Cyborgs)

Utah looks great! Love the arch on the sleve. Interesting color choice, as orange and green don't typically work well together. I think you did a nice job execution wise though. 

18 minutes ago, Veras said:

Logo and Colors:  The green and orange are meant to represent Utah’s natural beauty.  The orange matches the rock formation at Bridges National Park, while the green represents the life brought by the Colorado River.  The primary logo is a compass, and they also use Delicate Arch in their identity.

utah_pioneers_logo__1988__by_verasthebru

Uniforms:  The Pioneers are probably among the more conservative teams in the USFA.  The only unique feature on their uniform is the Delicate Arch alternate logo worked into the sleeve stripe.  The Orange jersey will be designated as their home uniform, green their secondary, and white their hot-weather alternate.

utah_pioneers_uniform__1988__by_verasthe

>among the more conservative teams in the USFA

>more conservative teams in the USFA

>that uniform

>conservative

I cannot wait to see more uniforms!

The whole color vs color uniform matchups thing has got me quite excited for the USFA.(as it’s supposed to)

Utah looks absolutely incredible. I need one of those orange jerseys right now.

1 hour ago, Veras said:

head coach LaDell Throckmorton

Count me a Utah fan :lol:

That, and green and orange are my two favorite colors, and they look great together here. I like that you didn't go too wild with them otherwise because that seems like it could get out of hand real fast. Great job.

If Utah is the one of the most conservative teams in the USFA, I can't wait to see of what is to come. I guess in the USFA I'd be rooting for the Swamp Monsters, as apparently the AFAEC character I created over a year ago is the owner (I had actually forgot about him, guess he seemed to be a decent fit for Florida).

Pioneers look splendid, not the color scheme i expected to be very honest i was expecting a brown orange and gold team along those lines....looking foreward to the other USFA teams    Thanks Veras for making this sig

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png

The Pioneers set is simply BEAUTIFUL...should somebody ever succeed in getting the AFA into SLC, that brand would certainly be among the better ones in the league.

I can't believe this is supposed to be the USFA's version of conservative. I can't wait to see which team inevitably will take the field looking like highlighters in cleats.

Also, as @Mercy_King mentioned it's pretty cool that past AFAEC members are running some teams.

I guess it's probably not entirely accurate to describe them as conservative.  I was sort of thinking of it in terms of whether or not I could see an NFL team at the time wearing that uniform.  In Utah's case, the answer is yes, but it would be one of the more unusual looks in the league - it's basically a normal uniform, with the exception of the fact that it works the Delicate Arch alternate logo into the jersey in an unusual way, much like the Rams did.  There are a handful of USFA teams that fall into this category, probably 3-6, that either have a weird striping pattern or do something unusual with their helmet logo, but aren't really that much weirder than say the Bengals stripes or the Seahawks wraparound helmet logo.  There are 2-5 that would undoubtably fit in the NFL, and maybe 3-4 that would definitely not.

Now that I look at all 12 uniforms side-by-side, I'd probably put the Pioneers somewhere in the middle.

The Pioneers look great & I could easily see a NFL team wearing what @Veras made here, @ChicagoOakland. Orange & Green can really pop together if the shades are right, and I think this look would fit right in with 1980's football. I love the arch being used on the sleeves, as it's a subtle touch & not over the top. 

Terrific job for the Pioneers.

Honestly, I said what I said as a compliment! I love the Utah look and I'm excited for what's coming next.

Here is the logo and wordmark.  If you look very closely, the bumper on the front helmet has the wordmark in team colors.

1988-USFA-Logo.thumb.png.ff8791f44341816217b996f99622c713.png

I noticed the team you chose to unveil first for the inaugural season of this new league happens to be nicknamed the Pioneers. Coincidence or planned?

It is not a coincidence, but that is not the reason.  I am introducing teams in the same order that their identities were revealed. The pioneers and hammers will go first because those owners of the league's founders.