Mountain West Football 2014

GriffinM6

Yes, I am going to bring y'all another college football conference redesign. Last summer, I brought you my ACC redesign, which was one of my favorite concept series I've done. Now I have decided to do the Mountain West. First up is the Air Force Falcons!

I wanted to keep the gray, and also add the lightning bolt back to the jerseys. I happened to do both, and I'm very pleased with the product. The pants now include a wide stripe with the lightning bolt inside it. The lightning bolt is also different, as I took it from this logo.

2739.png

Anyway, here are the uniforms. Enjoy!

AirForceHome_zpsd01e0f82.png

AirForceHome3_zps745a1ce7.png

AirForceAway_zpsfc9fdd67.png

AirForceAlt_zps8b4015cc.png

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice stuff here Griff -- look forward to seeing what you come up with.

But my one suggestion would be to either work the bolt into the pant stripe so its follows the contours better (SD Chargers) or remove it all together. As already stated it looks forced/out of place currently!

Yea, the lightning bolt does look out of place, but I do like everything else. I love the back of the helmet it, something new that college football hasn't seen before.

Oregon already does it :P

Nice stuff here Griff -- look forward to seeing what you come up with.

But my one suggestion would be to either work the bolt into the pant stripe so its follows the contours better (SD Chargers) or remove it all together. As already stated it looks forced/out of place currently!

Agreed, extend the bolt, or remove it.

Yea, the lightning bolt does look out of place, but I do like everything else. I love the back of the helmet it, something new that college football hasn't seen before.

Oregon already does it :P

Oh yea don't know how that slipped my mind, still looks awesome!

I agree with most of the comments on here:

1. Extend the lightning bolt on the pants

2. I would remove the bolt from the logo itself as it looks forced. I would keep the eagle for sure.

3. Big fan of the USAF logo on the back of the helmets...classic!

This is all just my opinion. The thing about the lightning bolt is, it is a popular decoration that fighter pilots have used on their helmets. It comes from the USAF seal, where the bolts have been referred to as Jupiter's thunderbolts, Jupiter being the mythological god of the heavens, his thunderbolts symbolizing striking power from the air.

With regard to football uniforms (again this is just my opinion), I prefer the thunderbolt remain confined to the helmet, its traditional location for both athletes and pilots. It is a link between the cadets on the field and the pilots serving our country.

I don't like it as a design element used in other places on the AFA uniform, but I think it is perfect on the helmets. For athletics, I prefer that AFA emphasize the Falcons.

Maybe there is someone on here who was in the Air Force and can add to this part of the discussion.

This is all just my opinion. The thing about the lightning bolt is, it is a popular decoration that fighter pilots have used on their helmets. It comes from the USAF seal, where the bolts have been referred to as Jupiter's thunderbolts, Jupiter being the mythological god of the heavens, his thunderbolts symbolizing striking power from the air.

With regard to football uniforms (again this is just my opinion), I prefer the thunderbolt remain confined to the helmet, its traditional location for both athletes and pilots. It is a link between the cadets on the field and the pilots serving our country.

I don't like it as a design element used in other places on the AFA uniform, but I think it is perfect on the helmets. For athletics, I prefer that AFA emphasize the Falcons.

Maybe there is someone on here who was in the Air Force and can add to this part of the discussion.

The thing about the bolt, is that it's been used on the pants, and on the jerseys(up until 2012) for the last decade. I think I'll remove the lightning bolt from the pants altogether though.

Here's an example from around 2006-07

Falco_02.jpg

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

There's been a massive push for overhaul at CSU. The green and Orange scheme from AG day is wildly popular up at FoCo, while the other half of students want to go back to light green and yellow. EVERYONE is in agreement that no matter what scheme is chosen, the horns need to go back to bone style.

Maybe try working with some of these elements. As is, it's the same old ugly Rams.

There's been a massive push for overhaul at CSU. The green and Orange scheme from AG day is wildly popular up at FoCo, while the other half of students want to go back to light green and yellow. EVERYONE is in agreement that no matter what scheme is chosen, the horns need to go back to bone style.

Maybe try working with some of these elements. As is, it's the same old ugly Rams.

I was thinking about doing an orange throwback, but decided not to. Now I'll probably do one with the bone horns.

spacer.png

Sorry for not posting in a while. Here's Boise State. I like what they have now for the most part. Now I have them only using blue, orange, and white and the horse head will be on both sides of the helmet. Also, I liked the pants stripes from the previous set, so I put a simplified version of it on the pants.

BoiseHome_zps4bcefede.png

BoiseAway_zpsa90cb7b5.png

BoiseAlt_zpse3df2402.png

spacer.png

I'm digging this thread so far, but I am just wondering what the Boise State orange jersey would like with blue pants instead of the white ones and with a blue helmet instead of white

Giants/Niners/Warriors/Fulham F.C./Sharks

Archived