Vintage Style Lipscomb/Colorado/Howard

hettinger_rl

I had started this in an old thread, but I thought it deserved it's own. A vintage styled bison/buffalo logo. To achieve the look I not only looked at many photos of the beast, but also similar logos. I ended up sort of combining the vintage Michigan Wolverine, an NDSU Bison logo, and a previous sketch of my own. Would love some C&C.

NCM_0062.JPG2ltnb46.jpg

Lipscomb:

r1ae8i.jpg2yoaazq.jpg

Colorado:

2nqa6ps.jpg2rm7i38.jpg

Howard:

4ztc1u.jpgqqwxl1.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Really successful base design. the sketch is beutiful! Not sure if there is a chance to simplifu a little bit inside the face. Possibly remove some of the black detail on the cheek? Also push the expression in the mouth a little more to match that of the eyes? Is the right ear, or the ear that is on the left side of the drawing sized correctly as it seems a bit small. Might be true to a buffalo but looks a bit small. the last thing would be to add the letter or name of the school in the hat. By the way, these are small tweeks to a very good design. Well done!

My two cents on the color way would be ditch the acid green. Doesnt quite mesh with the vintage quality of the design. All others are very good and tie directly to the school.

Really successful base design. the sketch is beutiful! Not sure if there is a chance to simplifu a little bit inside the face. Possibly remove some of the black detail on the cheek? Also push the expression in the mouth a little more to match that of the eyes? Is the right ear, or the ear that is on the left side of the drawing sized correctly as it seems a bit small. Might be true to a buffalo but looks a bit small. the last thing would be to add the letter or name of the school in the hat. By the way, these are small tweeks to a very good design. Well done!

My two cents on the color way would be ditch the acid green. Doesnt quite mesh with the vintage quality of the design. All others are very good and tie directly to the school.

Acid green? I see no green in any of these..

There is no green, different screen resolution maybe.

I hope the lack of comments means there's just nothing bad to say. Then again, there could be nothing good to say either. :wacko:

Hettinger, you have perfected the classic college mascot style. Had I not known better I would have thought it was something out of the 1950s. Great, great job.

Could you do a West Texas A&M version (maroon and gray), please?

FsQiF2W.png

Hettinger, you have perfected the classic college mascot style. Had I not known better I would have thought it was something out of the 1950s. Great, great job.

Could you do a West Texas A&M version (maroon and gray), please?

2vskgon.jpg2drzyig.jpg

wierd. i swear there was a bright green version version out there earlier. Question, on your Stanley County High School version, what color are the eyes and hat? It comes accross as bright green on my screen.

anyway, the design is really strong.

wierd. i swear there was a bright green version version out there earlier. Question, on your Stanley County High School version, what color are the eyes and hat? It comes accross as bright green on my screen.

anyway, the design is really strong.

Yellow

not sure why browser reads the hat as a bright green.

Are you proposing that version for the high school?

Well, they're a smaller school and I doubt that they'd be "looking" for anything. But yes I'd consider sending that one to them or this one:

2qa4kuu.jpg

hettinger_rl you have really improved what was already a great style. This buffalo mascot is top notch.

I'd love to see more.

Hey thanks, I really enjoy making them. Like I've said before, they just have more personality.

Archived