The new MLB BP jerseys (for 2014)

johnnysama

Well, I just bought one of the new MLB BP jerseys made by Majestic, and I chose the Dodgers model (my fave NL team, my primary team is the Mariners). Here's my thoughts:

The fabric, despite being a bit lightweight and appearing rather flimsy, is pretty sturdy, and has a vertical embossed stripe pattern on the front, and the back has mostly a mesh-like fabric. The trim on the front collar and sleeves remind me somewhat of the Dodgers 1980s road unis (even though the latter uni did not have collar trim) in a way. The jocktag looks like this: http://news.sportslogos.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/New-BP-Jock-Tag.jpg (It's the one on the right, not the left; each team's jocktag has its respective logo on it, and I do apologize for the blurriness of the picture), and the back collar tagging is screened on. Additionally, in the past, the MLB logo on the back of the collar was a embroidered piece, now it is a vinyl chip akin to the NFL shield used on Nike's jerseys.

Overall, it fits me well, I like the collar trim (has a very 1980s-esque look to it), and it should help me when I go out to the ballpark on a warm day. :D Very much worth the $80 you will pay.

Interesting note: The care instructions, on the inside of the right side, there's one unique instruction: "Save energy, line dry!"

http://dodgers.mlblogs.com/2014/01/08/dodgers-2014-batting-practice-jerseys/ - Here is a blog from the Dodgers themselves about the new BP jersey; of note is that the Dodgers are one of only three teams in MLB to have a front number on their BP jerseys, which are in their standard red.

And now, a pic of me wearing it:

DSCN3808_zps3850df4b.jpg

UBwef0L.png

I just picked up the Detroit Tigers 2014 Home BP jersey and I do like it. The "D" on the BP jersey is like the "D" on their home jersey. The picture on MLB.com shows the jersey with the "D" on their hat. I wonder if that was the original design?

I just picked up the Detroit Tigers 2014 Home BP jersey and I do like it. The "D" on the BP jersey is like the "D" on their home jersey. The picture on MLB.com shows the jersey with the "D" on their hat. I wonder if that was the original design?

No just a bad photoshop

^ You should see the Astros' BP jersey; they incorporated the Tequila Sunrise pattern down the sides! :D

I did see an Astros Spring Training game on TV and they were wearing those. Pretty nice.

Anyone have a pic or two of the 2014 Tigers Road BP jersey?

• 2 weeks later...

^ You should see the Astros' BP jersey; they incorporated the Tequila Sunrise pattern down the sides! :D

I did see an Astros Spring Training game on TV and they were wearing those. Pretty nice.

Anyone have a pic or two of the 2014 Tigers Road BP jersey?

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=23416596&cp=1452351.1452748.1757487 - Here ya go.

UBwef0L.png

I just got the 2nd of my two BP purchases this year. I got a Cutch one and a Longoria one. My authentic game jerseys are from '13 and older, so is this the new cool base? It feels like a regular mesh and fits tighter. The "cool base" feel is not really there.

KISSwall09.jpg

The game jerseys appear to be unchanged. The BP material is new, but it falls under the umbrella of COOLBASE. The BP's and the gamers aren't made of the same material.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived