Dallas Mavericks jersey concepts

itsmecon

I'm not a fan of bringing green back to the Mavs for the same reason I'm not a fan of bringing the Creamsicles back to Tampa Bay: That's not when you were a successful franchise so why reference it? Throwbacking for the sake of throwbacking doesn't make sense.

That said I think the blue alt is the best look, but the striping is a little weird. I'd like to see a little straighter striping on the blue with the double striping you have on the homes (green outside white inside)

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

i think you should work in more blue and forget about the gray. on the home version all the green parts are next to each other. (the word mark, number, and closest stripe to those elements). it will be more interesting and have a better color rhythm if you make the wordmark or number blue.

on the away version i think gray should be replaced with blue or white. not for any good reason, im just not a fan of gray and green and gray is way out of place with the other unis any way.

on the alt it looks like you've completely changed your stripe pattern because 2 blue parts are next to each other. keep the pattern you have with the others and throw some white or green in there.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The blue alt might look a bit cleaner with white names outlined in green. That part's a bit muddy but the rest is good.

Royal/green would bring back a unique color scheme. I don't mind "Dallas" being on the home. I like these.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I'm not a fan of bringing green back to the Mavs for the same reason I'm not a fan of bringing the Creamsicles back to Tampa Bay: That's not when you were a successful franchise so why reference it? Throwbacking for the sake of throwbacking doesn't make sense.

That said I think the blue alt is the best look, but the striping is a little weird. I'd like to see a little straighter striping on the blue with the double striping you have on the homes (green outside white inside)

But it's not like they didn't have any success in those greens back in the 80s. I mean, obviously they didn't reach the same heights as the Mavs teams of the last decade, but didn't they make a Conference Finals or something in those greens? If nothing else, the blue with green trim jerseys that came afterwards in the 90s should be forever shelved because that was when they truly sucked.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived