Vector Riddell Speed Flex Helmet Template

TheOneAndOnlyMau

Hey everybody - its been a little while.

Ive been really busy lately so havnt spent much time on here but ive noticed that no one has attempted to make a template of the new Riddell Speed Flex helmets. So...

I present my vector Speed Flex helmet template!

Feel free to use this however you see fit - your own templates, concepts, series - whatever! If you decide to use it, it would be cool to give me some acknowledgement, but whatever. Hopefully everybody will put this thing to good use!

Currently, this is only available in .AI format for use in Adobe Illustrator (i dunno if Inkscape can do .AI or not...) due to some issues with exporting to .SVG. If someone would be kind enough to do the conversion for me, i would greatly appreciate it so we can get this available for anyone who may want to use it.

Thats pretty much it. Let me know what you think and if any changes/improvements can be made! Enjoy!

Template:

speedflextemp-01_zpsd42841ee.png

Examples:

speedflexexamples-01_zps46ef20f7.png

Downloads:

AI (Version 1.2)

PSD

SVG(coming soon!)

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

This is killer Chris! The only suggestion id make and it's the same I had for Thomas Hatfield's REVO template was to make the back view less angled so the back bumper is more visible!

Thanks for working on the psd conversion, BucksFan. As for SVG, it's not available yet, but hopefully someone could volunteer to convert it. I'm having trouble getting my SVG export from illustrator to work or is do it myself.

Chris - thanks for the input. I have another view I plan on adding on to an update of this so maybe I'll look at revamping the back view to show a flatter perspective - stay tuned

I can not Download from MediaFile, any way you could upload to www.asfile.com?

I can Convert to SVG, once downloaded.

Thanks. I'll work on getting this hosted a couple of places so people have some more options. Has anyone with illustrator tried it out yet? I'm curious to hear what people think

Awesome work, man! One thing I noticed right away was the font missing error - I'd just outline the fonts you used in the template area so that doesn't pop up every time for people.

One thing that Ben5 did on his template that I thought was a nice touch was creating a compound path out of the shells and facemasks, so you select one shell view and it highlights all of them, for example. Just a minor thing, but I thought it was neat.

Also, since I do this all the time, it'd be nice to be able to be able to change colors on the bumpers -- I realize it's as simple as unlocking the shapes, but making it that much easier would be nice, IMO. When the template is this solid on the first run, you have to nitpick :P

Thanks for the feedback, Doug. Ive updated the template with editable rear bumpers and added the missing vents in the back of the helmet. Also some other general troubleshooting. The AI link in the OP has been updated to version 1.2.

If anyone has any more feedback id love to hear it

• 4 weeks later...

Archived