Kaepnernick Investigated For Sex Crimes

Cujo

Tribal for sure. When I lived there, almost every introduction I had with someone in Lousiville was "Nice to meet you -- you a Cat or a Card?" Very, very few people had any academic or professional affiliation with either school. It's a different world.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or, if they don't have a daughter, or another woman they love and respect, you figure even one of those cops might actually have been a decent :censored: ing human being.

To extend beyond atrocities like this, this same principle is how I feel about gender equality in general. If you have a mom, sister, daughter, grandmother, how do you go in for this men's-rights stuff?

Or is there something tribal about college sports that makes otherwise vaguely human people lose their sanity?

Seems that way. It ties in with identity too much. Pro sports have a built-in distance to them. It's easy to disengage and go about the rest of your day. I like the Blackhawks, but I've never claimed that they say anything about me. Hell, if anything, I lamented (facetiously) a few weeks ago that I've never fit the mold of the stereotypical Cubs fan, a failure for liking them to say anything about me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Or is there something tribal about college sports that makes otherwise vaguely human people lose their sanity?

Seems that way. It ties in with identity too much. Pro sports have a built-in distance to them. It's easy to disengage and go about the rest of your day. I like the Blackhawks, but I've never claimed that they say anything about me. Hell, if anything, I lamented (facetiously) a few weeks ago that I've never fit the mold of the stereotypical Cubs fan, a failure for liking them to say anything about me.

Definitely tribal, especially in SEC/ACC country. Though I'd imagine it's probably pretty similar when you're dealing with Ohio State/Michigan/Michigan State, Texas/Oklahoma, maybe even Arizona/Arizona State... I can't say for sure because I've never spent a significant amount of time in any of those places. Just trying to think of other areas where you'd get asked "are you a Cat or a Card?" type questions. Alabama is (hopefully) the only place where yahoos poison trees, though.

I grew up in "either you're a Gamecock or a Tiger" country where individuals (nor their parents or anyone else in their immediate family) have never sniffed a college classroom, yet are somehow "proud to be a Gamecock/Tiger" ... this somewhat baffles me. Then again, I never attached myself to either side in my formative years and went to a non-BCS (and non-football playing) school, so I may have an inherent bias.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived