Pittsburgh Steelers concept - nothing drastic

oldschoolvikings

I've just been trying to find a way to deal with the Steelers' oversized sleeve stripes. I've done concepts that involved basically just shrinking them down, and it never really worked IMO. It just didn't look like the Steelers anymore. So I thought about playing off the odd color choice on the NOB and using that on the TV numbers. By moving the now-gold numbers down onto what's left of the sleeve, they can visually replace the gold of the removed stripes.

Also, I'm adding the gray of the logo to a few other parts of the uniform (because, facemask) and returning the traditional block numbers.

pitt1_zpsa96ca035.png

i like your thinking but the jersey doesn't look like the Steelers anymore. sadly, i think the best solution to this is to do what they do now. a botched, odd looking stripe on the sleeve is better than no stripe at all, unless you're going with a completely new design top to bottom. OR, do what Oklahoma State did, and make some sort of element that fits into that small sleeve space and still resembles a stripe of some sort

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• 1 month later...

Archived