Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

All that stupid Cardinal-based St. Louis hatred aside, why can't Blues fans complain about injuries again?

Perception of habitually injuring other teams' players.

Oh. I didn't know what was a thing. I know the Blues are physical, and so people like to call them cheap, but I don't remember them injuring that many players. Certainly not on questionable hits. I think only Lapierre faced a suspension this year, and that was not necessarily deserved, but it was borderline and he had a history.

But ok. I guess at least that makes the statement make some sense.

I've watched almost every Blues game this year and I really don't see how one can come to the conclusion that we're harder hitting than the majority of the NHL. Granted, we're a heavily penalized team. But I don't think it's right to say we're cheap or anything like that. Lapierre, sure, he had some questionable hits but all-around I think our roster is pretty focused on skating hard rather than hitting hard.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perception, not reality. Lapierre, Ott, and Backes all have reputations. I don't think the Blues have played to hurt since the Davis Payne days, but it's something you can't rule out from them going forward, especially if they see a series slipping away.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I haven't given into despair. I'm just embracing the "team Kamikaze" ideal that admiral suggested.

Duty is heavier than a mountain; Death is lighter than a feather.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Perception, not reality. Lapierre, Ott, and Backes all have reputations. I don't think the Blues have played to hurt since the Davis Payne days, but it's something you can't rule out from them going forward, especially if they see a series slipping away.

Yes, but what to Lapierre and Ott contribute to the offense? Not much. You may have a point with Backes, but I sincerely believe his heart's in the right place. He plays hard and generates offense. You could make a case for Lapierre and Ott being pests I suppose.

Ducks in 6

Sharks in 7

Avalanche in 7

Blackhawks in 6

Bruins in 6

Canadiens in 7

Penguins in 5 (Sorry, Beej. :( Prove me wrong)

Flyers in 6

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm not sure the Lightning would have much of a chance against Boston, but I see no reason to lack confidence against the Habs.

I mean, let me grasp for straws here - Carey Price can't continue at a ~.960 S% pace forever against Tampa Bay, can he? That Tampa's goalie's have also achieved such heights against the Habs (well, Bishop anyway, who's hurt) is something I'll just conveniently neglect.

--

Boston in 6

Tampa Bay in 6

Pittsburgh in 5

New York in 5

Anaheim in 7

Los Angeles in 6

Colorado in 5

Chicago in 6

--

Boston in 6

New York in 6

Los Angeles in 6

Chicago in 5

--

Boston in 5

Chicago in 7

--

Chicago in 6

I guess that's my rational one. The irrational one would be going homer homer homer on the Lightning.

spacer.png

BOS over DET in 5

MTL over TB in 6

CBJ over PIT in 7

PHI over NYR in 7

ANA over DAL in 6

SJ over LA in 7

COL over MIN in 5

CHI over STL in 6

BOS over MTL in 6

CBJ over PHI in 6

SJ over ANA in 7

COL over CHI in 6

BOS over CBJ in 6

SJ over COL in 7

BOS over SJ in 5

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

First Round

COL over MIN in 5

CHI over STL in 7

ANA over DAL in 5

SJ over LA in 7

BOS over DET in 6

MTL over TB in 7

PIT over CBJ in 7

NYR over PHI in 6

Quarterfinals

MTL over BOS in 7

PIT over NYR in 6

COL over CHI in 7

ANA over SJ in 7

Semifinals

PIT over MTL in 5

ANA over COL in 6

Finals

ANA over PIT in 7

A Selanne victory lap, how can it not happen?

I know next to nothing about 2014's NHL, but I do know that it's silly to pick the Flyers over the Rangers, considering the Flyers haven't won a game in MSG since jerkoffs Mike Richards and Jeff Carter were on the team.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here are my 1st-round pics, in bold:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

---Atlantic

In 7...#1. Boston vs. #4. Detroit

In 7...#2. Tampa Bay vs. #3. Montreal

---Metropolitan

In 7...#1. Pittsburgh vs. #4 Columbus

In 6...#2. NY Rangers vs. #3. Philadelphia

----------------------------------------------------------------

WESTERN CONFERENCE

---Central

In 5...#1. Colorado vs. #4 Minnesota

In 6...#2. St. Louis vs. #3. Chicago

---Pacific

In 6...#1. Anaheim vs. #4. Dallas

In 6...#2. San Jose vs. #3. Los Angeles

It's a NorCal vs. SoCal this week. This means WAR!

Sharks vs. Kings

Warriors vs. Clippers

Giants vs. Dodgers

A's vs. Angels

Aldon Smith vs. LAX

First Round Picks

West

Wild over Avalanche in 7

Blackhawks over Blues in 6

Ducks over Stars in 5

Sharks over Kings in 7

East

Red Wings over Bruins in 7

Lightning over Canadiens in 7

Penguins over Blue Jackets in 4

Flyers over Rangers in 6

Stupid question. Anyone know what the NHL is officially calling this round? Is it still the Conference Quarterfinals or are they bringing back the Division Semifinals name? Or is it just the First Round?

This is the kind of stupid stuff I think about.

I'm kind of disappointed with your effort on the Ducks, admiral. :lol: I mean hell, "Getzlaf's Bald Spot", "How long until Teemu kicks the bucket?", "Bruce Boudreau avoids the early flameout", "Real Hockey Players of Orange County", etc. Something! :lol:

Or, "Orange you glad we're not Mighty anymore?"

...S'all I got :(

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Ruining and crumbling, Decadence

Nothing will be left

The end of all

This fall

Lonely and chilly wind will blow

There will be nothing left.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived