Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

I'm just happy that jackarse redneck shaman in Eastern Missouri chose to sacrifice the Blues' good fortune this year in exchange for Cardinals vict....ahh who am I kidding, he'll sacrifice the Rams too come September.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To my fellow Blackhawks fans whom I enraged last year and showered with gloom and death, I have a new catchphrase this post-season:

2m6EXOG.gif

Also I'm glad the 'Yotes were screwed/Blues are melting down. Please let this persist indefinitely.

P-p-p-positive???? It looks good on you.

Yeah, same thing happened to me.

DAMN YOU MCCARTHY

EDIT: It's case sensitive, so you have to use "Logos". Damn you McCarthy for not telling us!!!

Sorry. Didn't realize it was case sensitive.

Yes correct password is Logos

PvO6ZWJ.png

Wouldn't a Cinderella team be one that squeaked into the playoffs and made a monster run? Like the '91 North Stars, '03 Ducks, '04 Flames or '06 Oilers?

That's actually a valid point. I suppose it's a matter of perspective really.

I singled out the Blue Jackets because it's only the second time they've made the playoffs, they're not expected to do anything from here on out, and the story surrounding the team in general just has that feel.

I mentioned the Avalanche because of where they were at this point last season compared to now.

Well with the Blues blowing it down the stretch, the West is now basically official (barring a last minute comeback):

Anaheim vs Dallas

San Jose vs Los Angeles

Colorado vs Minnesota

St. Louis vs Chicago

And the East is all set as well, the only thing to decide there is home ice between Tampa Bay and Montreal.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Wouldn't a Cinderella team be one that squeaked into the playoffs and made a monster run? Like the '91 North Stars, '03 Ducks, '04 Flames or '06 Oilers?

Do the 2012 Kings count? I'll admit I forget they were an 8 seed every now and then.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

This is why I called it the most bizarre cinderella story. If you look at standings and seed you'd go "no big deal".

If you look at the streak and the injury list, you'd see that it'd be miraculous.

In truth, they may just need a miracle first round. After that they could be healthy. But it's a long shot they get through.

How I am drawn

To the blossoms

That fall, losing their color and fragrance

With a wind.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It blows my mind that the Rangers are as good as they are with so many wasteland-era Blue Jackets on their roster plus the worst head coach in the last five years running their power play.

You're confused, Tortorella was in Vancouver all season.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived