Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

I wanted this series to be as long and as bloody as possible (in hopes of either team tiring before possibly playing the Ducks), but I can't say I'm not enjoying the Kings being completely flummoxed. It's a strange one.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After spending countless years sure the Sharks would come out of the west, if not win it all (including the embarrassment of taking Joe Thornton 1st overall in a playoff pool), I made a conscious decision a couple of years ago to never pick them again. I was also sure that this year the Kings would come together the way they did in '12 and give the Bruins a run for their money. So much for that.

Also, it pains me to say this but I think Montreal might be the biggest threat to the Bruins. Vanek has fit in nicely, Price and Subban are both beasts, and of course you can't overlook the, well, lets call it "favourable" treatment they receive from the officials. I still want the Sens to be the team that ends Canada's Cup drought but the Habs are looking very good.

After spending countless years sure the Sharks would come out of the west, if not win it all (including the embarrassment of taking Joe Thornton 1st overall in a playoff pool), I made a conscious decision a couple of years ago to never pick them again. I was also sure that this year the Kings would come together the way they did in '12 and give the Bruins a run for their money. So much for that.

Also, it pains me to say this but I think Montreal might be the biggest threat to the Bruins. Vanek has fit in nicely, Price and Subban are both beasts, and of course you can't overlook the, well, lets call it "favourable" treatment they receive from the officials. I still want the Sens to be the team that ends Canada's Cup drought but the Habs are looking very good.

At this point, Montreal is the only team I am interested in seeing advance. Rest of the teams, I have no interest in.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Teemu: Healthy scratch tonight

As hard as it is to swallow, it's the right thing to do. He's been terrible on the puck lately. And the chances he is getting are going straight into the goalie's logo. It's sad when the best thing I can say about Teemu lately is that he's been great on the back check.

Emerson Etem draws into the line-up in his place, which I think is a great move. Inserts some speed and energy, and maybe someone to get under Dallas' skin like the Stars did to the Ducks on Monday.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

What is Quick doing out there? He's really trying to involve himself in this game.

I guess ok for him to grab Couture's leg while he is on the ground away from the play.

There's that. There's him trying to get involved in any scrum near his net. I saw him poking at the Sharks legs during a scrum.

Quick is a weirdo.

QFT.

I've never seen a Kings game where Quick wasn't poking/grabbing/diving around. He's ridiculous.

I guess he's a poor mans Mike Smith then.

I think I'm one of the few around here that actually likes the Coyotes and Mike Smith. :P

Archived