SND - ISHD Rebranding | Rams, Highlander, Panther, Rogues - ISHD ADDED

DanOtis

These are fantastic! One of the best human-like face logos I've seen in a while. I've always felt that creating a human face on a logo is probably the most difficult thing to do, especially a modern face. This is probably one of, if not the best I have seen so far.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You sir have gained a follower. I can see how the Rams club would not embrace change, if they've used the old logo for a long time. However, that doesn't mean they didn't make a fool out of themselves. Also, is it just me or do you guys think the Highlanders should have plaid in the jerseys?

That's what- She

Thank u guys for your comments.

Wow these are amazing! The only thing I would like to see if a logo without any script on it like you did with the Rams

@1clkgtramg: At an earlier stage I had the Logo without the wordmark but as the hair only goes to the right (with the wind) it looked unbalanced that way. I think that it is fixed by adding the script.

Here is a link to a documentation that I came up with when the logo was unveiled. Unfortunately it is in German but there are some pictures in it. ;o) There you also can see the earlier stages of the Logo.

Highlander Logo - Documentation

As for the jerseys I wanted them to be modern. As we are only having sublimated jerseys - a classic look is harder to implement (the original piping and stripes often don't look good when sublimated).

Jersey_Set_zps531f67cd.jpg

cabc9984-1697-4fb3-843c-474bf5d45c80_zps61706803-2583-46aa-a00d-ab07ef9366c6_zps

Actually I'm not a big fan of how it turned out as it is much too busy in the arm/shoulder area in my opinion. The dark ones didn't make the cut to get produced.

What are your thoughts about them?

All the best wishes

Daniel

I wish that Dusseldorf would have taken this logo/uniform designs which you just did. I was just looking into that league which you were speaking of. I stumbled into and saw this team picture....

Mannschaftsbild-2014.jpg

these uniforms are too much and pretty bad..... Sorry just had to say it though. Your design is the best update for this team seriously.....

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

And to think I spent this whole time thinking it was ICE hockey. Great Amazing Logos!

Yeah same thing here! it was cuz of the first pictures of an ice hockey player in the update designs. I didn't read it carefully til it did said Inline Hockey. oh well but keep it up SND! I wanna see the whole other designs even for that team with hideous ducks logo.....

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

This is one instance that I think it really shows the difference between the jersey from the concept image to it being used. That is why it's hard to judge more modern jerseys, because you have no clue how it will really work on the ice. I really really liked the concept you made, but I have to agree that it makes a small downturn actually being used. As for it being roller hockey though I think that brings the whole design element up again. Roller hockey has really insane designs, so this is actually pretty traditional haha.

• 1 month later...

Hi again.

Next in line are the Bissendorfer Panther. For Bissendorf I didn't want to change too much as I think that their current logo has quite potential:

Bissendorfer-Panther.jpg

So I came up with revamping the current one but I will not disclose this for now as I just proposed the concept to the club and am awaiting their reaction. Keep my fingers crossed that this time I'm more lucky than with the Rams.

The reason I'm bringing this up again is not to tease the primary. What I'm having here right now is a graphic with three options for a secondary or a tertiary (hat-)logo that I have in mind to enhance the logo package. As they are the Bissendorfer Panther I thought that a scratched B/P would be fitting. Is there one that persuades you? Or do I have to go back to the drawing board?

B-Logo_zps1a2280f6.jpg

Thanks for your advice.
Daniel

Thanks for your feedback. Although it's only been three opinions I think that C is already out of the race. I'm not decided about A and B yet. I feel that B has more potential with thicker scratches perhaps. I'll give that a try later.

What I hope will bring some more reaction is the concept for the primary logo:

With the Bissendorfer Panther I think that the current logo has quite potential. And if that's the fact - in my opinion - you should try to stay close to the identity and bring that potential to life. The panther has a plain feeling in the current look and it gets overshadowed by hockeysticks and the wordmark. Plus - the sticks incorporate a completely different style what also brings some confusion.

What I wanted to do is use the power that a panther can bring. I wanted to retain the appearance of the panther and the color scheme of the current logo. Therefore the panther had to get some depth. It had to get some personality. It had to get an intimidating look...

Logo_Evolution_Bissendorfer_Panther_01_z

Panther-Logo_zps6ea1961e.jpg

I would like to hear your thoughts if I managed the task and where I left potential unused. Thanks in advance.

All the best wishes

Daniel

In addition to that - here's a GIF of the development of the logo showing the process from the original logo to the concept. I used an older version of the Panthers logo to trace the shape of the Panther's head.

Logo_evolution_zpsa8879d9a.gif

atbw

Daniel

Glad to see more from you! I will echo what Ren said, you did an exellent job keeping the original shape. Would work well alongside a throwback jersey sporting the old panther.

Archived