New England Patriots Logo Concept *Uniform Added 2/3*

Sean F&F

I've been messing around with some ideas for a Patriots logo. I came up with these two so far. Basically the same thing but a blocky version and a rounded version.

The general idea is the letter P with a star for the hole and a little nod to the current Flying Elvis logo for the red tails.

To me, the blocky version has a more militaristic, Captain America look to it.

I purposely made the outline thicker on the rounded version just to compare whether or not I like the enclosed star or the star with gaps between the elements of the logo.

C&C Welcome.

patriots-p-logo.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I actually really like the idea here. I think you should make the logo more skewed forward to make it look like it's going forward and moving rather than being stationary. I also think you should fill in the negative space where the star is with white rather than it being transparent. I think those changing can make both of these attempts look fantastic!

While I like the logo, I think the star is just too much of a Cowboys thing. I'm not sure the Patriots would want to cross that line.

I thought about that, but stars are pretty American, and they have them in their logos now, less prominently of course.

Wow, I actually really like the idea here. I think you should make the logo more skewed forward to make it look like it's going forward and moving rather than being stationary. I also think you should fill in the negative space where the star is with white rather than it being transparent. I think those changing can make both of these attempts look fantastic!

I made those changes based on your suggestions

patriots-p-logo-v2.png

After countless attempts, I was finally satisfied with a Pat Patriot logo.

patriot-logo-head.png?w=848

The original drawing

patriot-logo-drawing.jpg?w=848

You can see the hat on the drawing is pretty bad. I eventually found a better reference pic and used that in the final version.

I may have gone little overboard with the shading and other details. It looks a little to plain without them, but now I think it may be a tad bit cluttered.

I feel like he's staring into my soul...I think it's an improvement over the nasty smell expression, but still not there.

I promise I'm not trying to rip your concept apart, I really like it and want to see it perfected! Faces are difficult, so this will probably go through a few design phases. Keep it up!!

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Great idea overall. The bowl portion o the rounded P looks weird. It feels oddly blocky, like there are too many Bézier points.

I get what your saying, it has kind of a flat front. I'll fix that.

Anyone else have comments on the facial expression? What can I do with it?

• 1 month later...

After a little time now, I've got a new logo I think is better than the original. This is the new version of the Pat Patriot head logo.

patpatriotv3.png

It's a little rough in some spots as I just wanted to finish it and get some comments on it.

It's based on a picture of a statue of George Washington in Boston.

I'm still undecided on how I feel about the shading on the face as well as some of the lines. The hair isn't too great in my opinion either, but okay enough for now.

The biggest question is , How is the facial expression?

patpatriotv3.png

The biggest question is , How is the facial expression?

51083068.jpg

Sorry if this upset you, but I couldn't resist.

I'm noticing a trend in your previous attempts carried over to this one where you use a line above and below the eye. I think this is what's causing the awkward expression. Try making the eye more rounded, because all I can see right now is this meme. The rest of the face looks fine, it's just the eyes that ruin the logo for me. Hope this helps.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

One thing that I think would need to be fixed is your details in the face. The blue lines detailing it. It is very small. I'd try and find a way to thicken up the blue lines but also using less of them in the process.

Archived