Rebranding the St. Louis Blues

MrWonka

Not saying this will turn out better than the Blues current set, but I want to try to change up their brand a tiny bit. This is obviously a subtle change (or a big change for those who don't like change) but I hope it brings something slightly new to the table. This is the logo I brought up. Not too different. I sharpened the edges and and gave the wings on the logo a sharp feel to them. I think doing that gives a very modern feel to the logo. So here is the first draft logo I have come up with.

a886ccb43472a6ad64e53b05a954a2dc.png

And then I put the logo on different backgrounds to see what it would look like on the darker jersey. With this I tried new combinations of the logo on it to see if a different base color could work on the jersey.

b6a342f2f04c765bdca482f99f0ba310.png

3d587f90e4eadcfed85fa2823cfbe861.png

db248cd120538afe5200bee8a9a02563.png

Go Sabre-esque and ditch the lighter blue

42c3a4684d64d82c777b91deab6b8fce.png

Trying something else on a darker shade.

25d7ed2fcff4994e6f7c88cc0cebdf55.png

So nothing outside of the box here, but I want to see what other people thought.

Maybe even sticking a St. Louis or Blues script on the logo like they did in the past?

Hmm... I kind of like the top version on the royal blue background, but I also sort of feel like the drop shadow is unnecessary. Any chance we can see this without it?

As a Blues fan, I'm sorry, I don't like this. It's too jagged and pointy--almost robotic looking.

Well I wanted the 'robotic' look I think you're talking about. Almost like a metal wing badge. Do you have any suggestions? I figured there would be someone who would rather have the current. Do you think that there would be room to change it so you would like it? If so, how?

As a Blues fan, I'm sorry, I don't like this. It's too jagged and pointy--almost robotic looking.

Well I wanted the 'robotic' look I think you're talking about. Almost like a metal wing badge. Do you have any suggestions? I figured there would be someone who would rather have the current. Do you think that there would be room to change it so you would like it? If so, how?

I understand that you wanted to create a sharper and more modern look, but I'm afraid you've made it too sharp. The wing on the note doesn't much look like a wing anymore and the extension of the yellow stripe on the side of the note looks awkward. Maybe if you were to extend that all the way down and make the wing a different color (i.e. implement a two-toned blue style with the note being light blue and the wing being dark blue or vice versa).

One thing I do like about your concept though is that there is more emphasis on the quarter note--the wing does not take up most of the design as the current logo does. I believe that many people do not actually see our current logo as a quarter note with a wing but as some sort of radically styled 64th note or something. So you've managed to effectively create some balance in the logo.

I could deal with the "edgy-ness" I suppose if the right side of the wing didn't go straight up at a 45 degree angle. I just feel as though there needs to be some kind of separation between each notch on the wing.

I understand that you wanted to create a sharper and more modern look, but I'm afraid you've made it too sharp. The wing on the note doesn't much look like a wing anymore and the extension of the yellow stripe on the side of the note looks awkward. Maybe if you were to extend that all the way down and make the wing a different color (i.e. implement a two-toned blue style with the note being light blue and the wing being dark blue or vice versa).

One thing I do like about your concept though is that there is more emphasis on the quarter note--the wing does not take up most of the design as the current logo does. I believe that many people do not actually see our current logo as a quarter note with a wing but as some sort of radically styled 64th note or something. So you've managed to effectively create some balance in the logo.

I could deal with the "edgy-ness" I suppose if the right side of the wing didn't go straight up at a 45 degree angle. I just feel as though there needs to be some kind of separation between each notch on the wing.

I agree about the wing separating from the note. I always knew that it was supposed to be a winged note. ...or ...a note with wings (since we want note first) but the wings always caught the eye first and made the rest look like a spoon holding a winged shaped flag.

I'm definitely going to go back to the drawing boards to try and cook up a couple more things to view. Then maybe I'll hold a poll. Thanks for the help guys.

Maybe if you just curved off the very tip of it? Still giving it the sharp look but would look more realistic when stiched? I do like this though, it does show of the note a little more.

Just for s and giggles, did you ever add red in there like they tried to do back in the day? Haha, that was cool but hideous at the same time :P

So I did a couple of drafts other than this one, but as of right now this one is one of my favorites. So I'm putting this one early to see what other people initially think. I'm going to try and do a couple more and post the whole lot of the ones I've done. As of now though, how is this one?

8593b68cf80c850cd7546d42b91cb9a2.png

9c35776daf15d0a04197d68c3f550c01.png

Archived