San Diego Padres Brown Uniform Redesign

johnbrubaker

I hoped San Diego would change the colors back to Brown/Gold. This uniforms sets are good! Brown is the new color in MLB! Errr.... it used to be til now this would be the new one anyway :)

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

You need a yellow jersey with pinstripe pants on here for the bp uni.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

I personally don't like the idea of brown in baseball

Why? It's a color just like blue and black.

yeah there is other team that had taken in brown any professional sports is Cleveland Browns. Unless you prefer a team called Flamingos and sporting the pink/crimson colors in NFL???

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

Brown and yellow has to be one of the WORST color schemes in sports. I have no idea why everyone loves the brown and yellow Padres jerseys, but dislikes the blue and orange ones from the 90's. I like the blue and orange era uniforms, and I'd pick them over anything the Padres wore in the 70's and 80's.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Brown and yellow has to be one of the WORST color schemes in sports. I have no idea why everyone loves the brown and yellow Padres jerseys, but dislikes the blue and orange ones from the 90's. I like the blue and orange era uniforms, and I'd pick them over anything the Padres wore in the 70's and 80's.

So you're a Tigers fan whose preference is that the Padres have a blue and orange color scheme...just like the Tigers... Brown and gold are the Padres' original colors, and San Diego fans love those colors. It's a cool retro look that tons of people rock in San Diego already. They would sell merchandise like crazy.

I'm not a fan of the pinstripes. I think the Padres' current look would be perfect if you simply replaced the navy blue with brown. I love the current "Padres" script on the home uniforms.

Can't stand the current script. It's way too modern and contrived. Doesn't fit with the clean simple look typical of the best baseball uniforms.

I'm not a fan of the pinstripes. I think the Padres' current look would be perfect if you simply replaced the navy blue with brown. I love the current "Padres" script on the home uniforms.

Can't stand the current script. It's way too modern and contrived. Doesn't fit with the clean simple look typical of the best baseball uniforms.

Different strokes. :)

Different strokes. :)

how so? Lemme ask you how many teams in MLB already sporting Navy blue in their uniforms?? 14 teams out of 30 (including Padres wearing it) Why need more teams with navy blue while just one team to wear brown/gold colors?

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

how so? Lemme ask you how many teams in MLB already sporting Navy blue in their uniforms?? 14 teams out of 30 (including Padres wearing it) Why need more teams with navy blue while just one team to wear brown/gold colors?

Wait...Who are you directing this towards?

Sorry that would be for ya Coco, my bad

Re-read my original post. I said that if you took the Padres current uniforms and replaced with blue with brown, they'd be perfect. Hence, I am in favor of the brown (just not the particular script johnbrubaker utilized).

I don't know why the Padres' original color scheme is such a divisive topic on this forum.

As for the concept, I don't know about the first home option, given that one of the Padres' division rivals, the Dodgers, has the market on primary color script/secondary color numbers with no outlines/strokes cornered. Then the grey jersey (with the plain block script) is a little too reminiscent of the Giants' aways. If they were to switch to this, I'd call it a missed opportunity, but not a downgrade. This is a good base. Just try and differentiate the Padres from any obvious references to teams in their division. (And yes, I know you only have so many options when it comes to classic/conservative baseball design elements.)

I don't know why the Padres' original color scheme is such a divisive topic on this forum.

As for the concept, I don't know about the first home option, given that one of the Padres' division rivals, the Dodgers, has the market on primary color script/secondary color numbers with no outlines/strokes cornered. Then the grey jersey (with the plain block script) is a little too reminiscent of the Giants' aways. If they were to switch to this, I'd call it a missed opportunity, but not a downgrade. This is a good base. Just try and differentiate the Padres from any obvious references to teams in their division. (And yes, I know you only have so many options when it comes to classic/conservative baseball design elements.)

Good comments, I'm hoping that off-white coloring of the jersey and the fact that the script is a different font differentiates it enough from the Dodgers. I feel like they currently look like Dodger posers by wearing navy blue, which is not their original color. They could use this look as a base and add yellow stroke to the font and numbers, and it would still be good. But this combo was too good to pass up.

As for the road jersey, it's admittedly the least thought-out of the 5, but "San Diego" in block letters is something the Padres have used for decades dating back to the 1940s minor league team. I don't think the similarity to the Giants here is very strong, especially since the Giants have a pretty ubiquitous road jersey anyway.

Archived