San Diego Padres Brown Uniform Redesign

johnbrubaker

Go for home 2, without the pinstripes. Also, reduce the stripe size on the alts. Other than that, I like the idea and most of the execution

The pinstripes seem to be pretty polarizing. People love them or hate them. I am not married to the idea but I think the Padres looked pretty good in them from 85-2000, so I like to include it in the mix just to see it. Can't reduce the stripe size on the arms though. That's pretty much what I started with. I love em and I feel it ties the whole design together.

I like the use of the pinstripes on the Home 2 version. A nice homage to the set they used from 1985-90. I'd consider making that the primary. Also love the use of the gold panels on the road hats, drawing on the design used from 1973-84. Also love the choice of a "light brown" road gray uniform. The Padres could use a refresh on their current set, and I say embrace the palette they were born with. Nice effort.

This is a random idea, but can we see what the Padres uniforms would look like if they took the colorways of the San Diego Chargers powder blue and gold???

Here's what the logo looks like:

original.jpg

No way, Padres need to rebuild their watered down identity, and go back to brown and gold. Your design is cool, but changing colors again would be the worst possible thing they could do to a uniform that is already commonly considered the worst in baseball.

This is a random idea, but can we see what the Padres uniforms would look like if they took the colorways of the San Diego Chargers powder blue and gold???

original.jpg

No way, Padres need to rebuild their watered down identity, and go back to brown and gold. Your design is cool, but changing colors again would be the worst possible thing they could do to a uniform that is already commonly considered the worst in baseball.

What are you talking about the padres have one of the cleanest looks in the MLB. Why ruin that with sh** brown an piss yellow? There a reason why that color scheme is almost never used, it's hideous.

NEWSGG copy.png

original.jpg

What are you talking about the padres have one of the cleanest looks in the MLB. Why ruin that with sh** brown an piss yellow? There a reason why that color scheme is almost never used, it's hideous.

You call it the cleanest look in baseball, ESPN calls it a "generic slate of blandness" and ranks it 30 out 30. But I'm sure they're the ones with no taste, not you.

Here's what the logo looks like:original.jpg

This may be the first time I have ever agreed with an Ohio State fan (I'm a University of Michigan fan). In replying to the guy who said that ESPN thinks the Padres current color scheme is generic, they also love Oregon's uniforms, so ESPN loses quite a bit of credibility there when it comes to judging uniforms/color schemes.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

PCKnhhV.png

Let me know what you guys think. Also, check out the Reddit thread here: http://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/230a0a/san_diego_padres_brown_uniform_redesign/

I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about the Padres word mark that doesn't work for me. I think you've done a nice job though. Brown and gold make a good unique color combination. I particularly like your away designs. I like how you bring the "Taco Bell" caps back, but offer a more traditional cap at home. The "Taco Bell" caps look ok when they aren't paired with the loud mod uniforms of the late 70's and early 80's.

They all beat the heck out of what they wear now.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived