North Dakota Rebrand **UPDATE Jersey Mock-Ups**

hettinger_rl

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smoothe out the lines, and thicken up the stroke where needed to make it more bold. Right now it looks a bit old, wrinkly almost. If you streamlined a lot of the shades, and turned them into strong curves, this would be even better than it already is. Keep it up!

OttawaSenators.png

Smoothe out the lines, and thicken up the stroke where needed to make it more bold. Right now it looks a bit old, wrinkly almost. If you streamlined a lot of the shades, and turned them into strong curves, this would be even better than it already is. Keep it up!

I think he's going for the wrinkly look. But I agree, even the original was weird looking. I still like it though.

I think he's going for the wrinkly look. But I agree, even the original was weird looking. I still like it though.

What I'm trying to do is keep some of the evocative shapes from the warrior logo, but I have softened them a little. IYO would dropping the shadows on the horse help?

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

If you've seen many of my other concepts then you know that I really like the vintage style logos. So I've decided to bring that interest into this concept as well, as a fauxback vintage logo. What if UND had been using the Nokota from the begining? What would it have looked like? I combed through many vintage logos and narrowed them down to the styles that worked best for a horse (using vintage Marshall, Indiana, and Texas). The following is what I came up with...

... introducing Nokie!

dd400.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

BEST. LOGO. EVER.

That is amazing!

Which? The original or the fauxback?

Also, just realized that it has been nearly 4 years to the day since my first Nokota idea!

I'm pretty sure we were both talking about the fauxback

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Hettinger I really love all your work on the different Dakota and Minnesota schools. I see you are from Aberdeen SD but never seen you do anything for the Northern State University Wolves. Are you a fan of any of the schools you've been making such wonderful throwback logos for?

Thanks for the comments Milkman. Here are some options:

k1p1yr.jpg2qav02u.jpg21e6z3n.jpg

First off, I love the idea of the logo and choice of name. I'm quite happy with the general direction you're going. However, you really need to streamline this image. Your linework and shadows are choppy and overly complicated. An athletic logo, particularly for a university, must be adaptable to many applications--print, web, embroidery. You also have to consider how the logo looks when it's shrunken down, which also ties into applications. You're going to lose so much of this detail when it's shrunken down, it's going to look like a muddy mess.

Take what you've got here and simplify it. Give it some ease and flow. Then you'll have something really special.

rATMcmK.png

Archived