Is this clear enough?

keithisgood

If you broke a couple of the ovals it might become more apparent that the button is one solid object.

Untitled-1_zpsb59d4a68.png

It still looks unavoidably like a hat - the shape is the same. I think you have to show that it's a hard, reflective/shiny plastic material.

There's some weird distortion in your wordmark. I think the arching is a bit too drastic which is causing the letters to get squished.

I also think it is a little tough separating "Press Start" from "Solutions." Maybe try a stacked wordmark to the right of the button image.

The button itself seems a bit smaller than it should...I hate to link a shutterstock image but the one below is more how I imagine it should be in terms of button size.

stock-photo-a-big-red-button-like-used-o

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

There's some weird distortion in your wordmark. I think the arching is a bit too drastic which is causing the letters to get squished.

I also think it is a little tough separating "Press Start" from "Solutions." Maybe try a stacked wordmark to the right of the button image.

Unfortunately, the text is oriented to the client's request. Wasn't in the original drafts.

The solution: Color the button red and the border a constrasting color, put the "START" text on the button itself.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Unfortunately, the text is oriented to the client's request. Wasn't in the original drafts.

Well in that case you need to refine your arch to fix the stretching issue. Far more than the button image, this is what's hindering it for me.

The button itself seems a bit smaller than it should...I hate to link a shutterstock image but the one below is more how I imagine it should be in terms of button size.

stock-photo-a-big-red-button-like-used-o

Before I got to this post, I thought the same thing. The button could be wider and flatter, and maybe a shallower indent on top of the button.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Yup. Wider, flatter and indented ever so slightly.

You might also consider giving it more shine. Those arcade buttons are super glossy, so there should be plenty of white highlights as the light would reflect off it.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The first thing I saw when I opened the thread (before reading anything) was a snap/button (similar to what's on a football helmet).

Second thought was a hat. Like this.

Edit: Button, it is!

Just a few suggestions to make it more like a button. I would recommend getting rid of the "lip" on the top part of the button. That will help a lot, I think.

I would also make the button shallower (or wider). Right now it seems taller than it should (or too narrow).

The shading on top of the button is also throwing me off. The thickness of the shading gives the idea that the button has an inset top to it, rather than a gradual concavity.

080311_arcade_light_switch_1.jpg

I think you're trying to do a little too much. Leave it simple, and it can work!

Here's just what I did in paint in a matter of minutes. I know it kinda looks like a hat again lol, but you can kinda see where I'm going (and it is supposed to be rounded on the top and bottom, mine looks flat, but you get the idea).

c695069a-5c9d-4285-a485-e61df5974143_zps

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived