Uniforms that made you a fan of the team

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I'm a Cardinals fan first, growing up in the 90s I always thought that the Mariners had some of the coolest uniforms. I still think that the teal brim cap is one of the best in baseball. I really wish they'd make it the primary home cap.

griffey.JPG

Even though I'm a Cardinals fan first, growing up in the 90s I always thought that the Mariners had some of the coolest uniforms. I still think that the teal brim cap is one of the best in baseball. I really wish they'd make it the primary home cap.

griffey.JPG

Back in the mid-90s, the green never showed up in photos like it does in real life. It's a great color.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Around the time of the '95 NFL expansion three year old me decided it would be cool to say it I'd been a fan of a team since the beginning. My love of black and electric blue as a colour combo meant that I attached myself to the Panthers, despite having no real link to the Carolinas in any way.

Nearly twenty years on, I'm a Panther fan for life, I still think its quite cool to say I've been a fan since the beginning, and I still think the uniforms look good - as long as they don't go monochrome.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

The 1976 Seattle Seahawks.....As a new expansion team, the unique wrap around helmet logo and the Royal Blue, Kelly Green and Silver scheme was different from other teams which drew me in. Sadly, they do not look as good today. I used to dream of seeing those uniforms in a Super Bowl. Also I did like the orange shade of the Buccaneers from that era.

This was my first basketball jersey, I was in about 2nd or 3rd grade. I thought the uniforms and KG were the coolest things on the planet. I was always a Wizards fan, but for a while the T-Wolves were a very very close second. Eventually I grew up, started caring about them less and less. Then KG left and they changed their uniforms and now they're just like any other team in the league for me.

p1.kevin.jpg

No doubt ! all 3 versions of these uni were great, with the trees on the jersey neck line and on the shorts,plus the huge wolf head on the shorts.....I got all 3 aut. game shorts btw :)

now they just suck

The 1976 Seattle Seahawks.....As a new expansion team, the unique wrap around helmet logo and the Royal Blue, Kelly Green and Silver scheme was different from other teams which drew me in. Sadly, they do not look as good today. I used to dream of seeing those uniforms in a Super Bowl. Also I did like the orange shade of the Buccaneers from that era.

I have a friend who is a Seahawks fan because of those same uniforms. He recently got nostalgic about playing outside on Sunday afternoons in the fall and then going inside to watch the Seahawks play the 4:00pm game on NBC from the Kingdome, where the dome lights would shine on those beautiful Seahawks helmets.

Like me with the Buccaneers, he has been less of a Seahawks fan since they abandoned those original uniforms.

This was my first basketball jersey, I was in about 2nd or 3rd grade. I thought the uniforms and KG were the coolest things on the planet. I was always a Wizards fan, but for a while the T-Wolves were a very very close second. Eventually I grew up, started caring about them less and less. Then KG left and they changed their uniforms and now they're just like any other team in the league for me.

p1.kevin.jpg

No doubt ! all 3 versions of these uni were great, with the trees on the jersey neck line and on the shorts,plus the huge wolf head on the shorts.....I got all 3 aut. game shorts btw :)

now they just suck

while I did like that T-Wolves set, I thought their inaugural look was great and made me a mild follower of there's as well. Also the first logo was probably the best.

4263231_orig.gif

I always knew I didn't want to be a Cub fan. I've got a contrarian streak that was manifesting itself even as a kid. And at just the right time came a young core for the White Sox. And these sweet new uniforms that sealed the deal andI totally got me hooked on uniforms.

blackjack.jpg

That begat a string of "must have" hats- navy Cardinals when those first came back. All-navy Mariners when that came out. The new blue Expos hat. Had to have those. Even dug the Pirates hat with the red bill that came a few years later. The mass availability of a wide range of hats was really taking off. I swear back then hats were way easier to break in than those that came a few years later. Don't know what it is or if it's all in my head, but the feel of hats from the last several years just doesn't compare to the feel of caps in the mid and late 90s.

When the Houston Oilers became the Tennessee Oilers, and then the Tennessee Titans, I had to decide if I wanted to remain a fan or not.

I was in my early teens when this happened, and the Titans uniforms were awesome to me. I had to keep being a fan. I called them "short sleeved hockey jerseys" because the sleeve yokes were very similar to the sleeves on my Dallas Stars uniforms at the time.

Phil+Kessel+Washington+Capitals+v+Toront

I cry evertim.

p1.kevin.jpg

Man, I loved that set as a kid. Didn't like them enough to support the Twolves though.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

there was never a uniform that made me a fan of theirs, but their have definitely been a few that drew me away from them. off the top of my head I can think of the browns as a kid i just didn't like the color scheme, but now like it and see why it's good and don't want it to change. the last Viking set i didn't like. the current tampa bay lightning and hurricanes unis made me not a fan of theirs, i didn't like the thrashers when they had the baby blue primaries. i didn't like the steelers because i thought they were too cheap to put the logo on both sides of the helmet and the were a rival of the pats too. I don't like the hawks ever since they replaced red black and yellow with navy red and silver. i don't like the raptor ever since they dropped purple. same with the suns. i don't like the wizards now that they are dropped the unique wizards color scheme in favor of bullets fauxbacks but kept the wizard name and logos. The Iverson 76ers unis are probably the only uni that made me of a team, but i was also a fan of Iverson, and since they have switched to their current set i haven't. I just don't like anything about the Thunders identity. Sacramento Kings I don't like their unis. I don't like the LA kings because i feel they should be a purple and gold team.

I don't really have a favorite NBA team. I guess it's the hawks cause they're the hometown team, but once I saw the new yellow alt that the nuggets wear, I became a fan. Kenneth Faried is my favorite player, and I just can't get over how beautiful that uniform is. It's definitely my all time favorite basketball uni.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

DaunteCulpepperSpeaker.jpg

I remember getting my Culpepper jersey in 6th grade. I definitely thought the use of purple for a sports team was edgy at the time and I usually like gold or yellow as a complementary color. The only NFL team I ever really followed. After culpepper left I haven't really tuned into the Vikings much anymore.

Archived