Uniforms that made you a fan of the team

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never really cared for the Seattle Seahawks until Reebok redesigned their uniform and gave them this beautiful monochrome set:

Alexandershaun.jpg

Another team that I started rooting for after they upgraded their uniforms were the Arizona Cardinals, I love their look and only wish the facemask was red or white.

Deon+Grant+Kurt+Warner+Seattle+Seahawks+

Finally, I started rooting for Oklahoma State after their rebrand:

15165445_SA.jpg

spacer.png

When I was a kid and knew absolutely nothing about football, these uniforms made me like the chargers back then.

drew-brees-antonio-gates.jpg

When I first got into Hockey, the first game I ever watched was a Bruins/Canadiens game

Fell in love with these and have been a fan ever since

2862137.jpg.25698.0_display_image.jpg

Was Flyers fan as a young kid because when I started watching hockey the won the cup twice then. Later the Leafs probably partial because my dad was a fan and because that was pretty well all you could get on t.v. at the time (damn you CBC). Although the uniforms weren't the primary reasons, they were likely a factor to switching to the Sabres and Nordiques.

90s-buf-d-doug-bodger.jpgnordiques.jpg

Was a bit of a Jays fan for a while, but switched to the Marniers as 1st team and the Expos as 2nd - uniforms were only a small factor. When the Expos and Nordiques moved out of the country, I didn't come with them. A secondary team I did like primarly for the uniforms was the Padres when they were in brown and gold. Since they have switched out of brown entirely couldn't care less how the Padres are doing - similarly for the time when the Astros didn't have orange.

perryback.jpg

Along with their underdog status, the uniforms of the Sask. Roughriders and the Ti-Cats helped make them my #1 and #2 football teams respectively. Though there were a lot of good looking CFL uniforms in that era.

67+Sask+Abendschan.jpg72+hamilton+ealey.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Threads like this always make me feel so old...

My first NBA team were the Portland Trail Blazers. Pre-Walton. Sidney Wicks, Geoff Petrie, et al.

Loved the logo and uniforms:

geoff-petrie.jpg

Threads like this always make me feel so old...

My first NBA team were the Portland Trail Blazers. Pre-Walton. Sidney Wicks, Geoff Petrie, et al.

Loved the logo and uniforms:

geoff-petrie.jpg

Have to admit, I'd never even seen this uniform before, but it confirms to me that the Trail Blazers have always been well-designed.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I've been torn on this for a few months now, but has anyone ever ditched a team due to a uniform change? I've seriously considered it lately, for many reasons, but in part due to their Bruce Jenner facelift-like disaster they just rolled out.

Nope. I haven't been to a Milwaukee Admirals game since they adopted their current cartoonish identity. I might be okay with it if they were a new team in 2006, but the third-longest continuously operating minor league hockey franchise needs something that acknowledges its history.

I was 7 years old when the Orlando Magic began playing in the NBA, my dad was a season tickets holder from day one and I vividly remember attending home games and watching road games on tv and felt like our jerseys were so much different and cooler than all of the other NBA teams out there. IMO our inagural jerseys (and the blue alternates that followed) are one of the best uniform sets of all time and certainly remind me of a time when I really started getting into sports.

B9F496E8E92128F821CB17E8373C8.jpg

gal-uniforms-19.jpg

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

1998-falcons-dolphins.jpg

The ATL Falcons: winning over fans based on their uniforms whether it be the Dirty Bird era or the 2003 redesign (c.f. my original post). This makes me wonder whether there are any other teams in this thread that have won different people over for different eras of their uniforms.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I'm a Houston guy ...so I follow all the local teams. But I do have a handful of other teams that are from elsewhere that I started following almost completely because I liked their look and name. When I was a kid I got hooked on hockey because of the original WHA Houston Aeros (Gordie Howe & sons!). When they folded I kind of lost interest in the sport ...until the Miracle on Ice rekindled it for good. I picked the North Stars & stuck with them when they moved to Dallas. The Stars' look definitely was downgraded with the move (actually, the year before they moved). I do like the switch back to green though. All that said, I would drop them if Houston ever got the NHL as I have always struggled with supporting a Dallas team. Started following the Angels in '79 because I wanted an AL team to follow. The Astros change to the AL ...same division with the Angels no less ...has made that pretty pointless. I have however become an avid Aston Villa fan when I got interest in the PL back in the 90's and will remain one ...glutton for punishment that I am. Loved the striped kit from '99. Started following one club from most of the big Euro leagues mostly because of their look too. But Villa are the club I'm most passionate about. So yeah ...total uni nerd here.

unilove_zps66fd0446.png

CCSLsig.png

Join us at Space City Lions - Houston's Aston Villa Supporters Club

SJ Sharks

Bengals

Oregon Ducks

Oakland Seals

Flames (horse head third)

Reds

I stopped being a Devil Rays fan when they changed their name.The Bolts have pissed me off big time, but I won't stop being a fan.

2ly2w09.jpg

The ATL Falcons: winning over fans based on their uniforms whether it be the Dirty Bird era or the 2003 redesign (c.f. my original post). This makes me wonder whether there are any other teams in this thread that have won different people over for different eras of their uniforms.

I absolutely love this uniform! My favorite one in the Falcons history!

spacer.png

I absolutely love this uniform! My favorite one in the Falcons history!

Mine as well, as long as the roads have the red numbers and socks.

Archived