Atlanta in MLS

bleuet

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*I don't have the issue with the Uniteds as individual names but three United teams is too much.

Why? The Premier League currently has three Uniteds, and that's a league with fewer teams overall.

I can remember a time when the Premiership had no less than five teams with "United" in their name. Wasn't a problem then, either.

*I don't have the issue with the Uniteds as individual names but three United teams is too much.

Why? The Premier League currently has three Uniteds, and that's a league with fewer teams overall.

I can remember a time when the Premiership had no less than five teams with "United" in their name. Wasn't a problem then, either.

It's just a personal preference thing of mine. I'd rather not have too many teams use the same name in pro North American sports.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Do the ManU folks have enough pull in the MLS to convince them to change MinU's name?

We avoid saying "Minn U" for that very reason.

Less "United", more DETHLOON.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Do the ManU folks have enough pull in the MLS to convince them to change MinU's name?

We avoid saying "Minn U" for that very reason.

Less "United", more DETHLOON.

Yeah, because as any true football fan knows, the preferred form is Minn United or Minn Utd, but never MinnU. ;)

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Each of those teams is more well-established than even the most famous MLS team. I have no way of knowing whether having two Citys and three Uniteds in MLS will be harmful 10 years from now, but I don't see how erring on the side of variety would hurt. I don't know if Atlanta would be less successful if they went with Firebirds or Blackharts, but I'm pretty sure there'd be no chance of anyone asking whether the DC team moved, nor would there be "Aw :censored:" jokes about the acronym.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

"no chance of anyone asking whether the DC team moved"

I think there's pretty much no chance of anyone asking that now.

New soccer fans won't think twice about it any more than standing throughout a match or lack of timeouts or any of the other things particular to the sport. Especially when unofficial nicknames come into play. Fans who know the global game won't bat an eye.

I really don't see much potential for harm in having three Uniteds any more than having eight "FC"s. Nobody's going to ask if Toronto moved to LA.

Yet another roundel :sleeping:

It looks good though. Love how the A is front and center, but I can't make out the bars in the background

Edit: Looks like we will have an AC Milan look in MLS. But until the release of the kits I wont be certain. Remember how everybody thought the Impact would have stripes?

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Eh. It's fine, but so generic. Everything about this team is straight out of FIFA create-a-team mode. Mildly interesting that they appear to be going for stripes after stripes have been otherwise phased out of MLS, I guess.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived