Florida Gators FINAL UPDATE pg 3. bonus FSU update.

mcrosby

With FSU getting a logo 'update' and both FSU and Miami getting new football uniforms I thought it was high time to update that other Florida school's logo. If you follow my work, you'll know that I'm a big fan of keeping the general shape of a classic logo when updating it, that applies here as well.

I realize now that I'm uploading a version with unfinished teeth, but I wasn't quite happy with how they turned out anyways so please, C&C away.

Florida8x6_zpse3c50848.png

UPDATE

floridadribbble.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The neck part reminds me way too much of Boise.

With FSU getting a logo 'update' and both FSU and Miami getting new football uniforms I thought it was high time to update that other Florida school's logo. If you follow my work, you'll know that I'm a big fan of keeping the general shape of a classic logo when updating it, that applies here as well.

I realize now that I'm uploading a version with unfinished teeth, but I wasn't quite happy with how they turned out anyways so please, C&C away.

Florida8x6_zpse3c50848.png

3690_boise_state_broncos-primary-2013.pn

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

the original logo reads as a gator every time i see it.

the new one looks like it could just as easily be a dragon. i don't know if that's important or not, but it's just a general feeling i got when looking at it.

it's very well rendered, but it just looks too sleek and fast to be an alligator.

I don't see Boise State at all. You could make that argument for any animal cut off at the neck. I'd say just lessen the teeth. Having so many varying sizes is making it messy (I know you're not done). You could still have different sizes teeth, but less extreme.

Another thought is that the way you have the neck now makes it look like it is belly up and gators rarely show their bellies. Not a big deal though. Just a thought and maybe a reason ColeJ sees a dragon since gators are lurkers.

This is definitely an improvement in their real logo.

Like others have said, the neck is just off and kills the imagery.

The shape and curvature of the jaw is more of a dinosaur or a lizard than that of an alligator. It looks like Toronto's velociraptor mated with an alligator and this is the progeny.

Also, remember the Gators darkened the green in the neck area (they don't use the light green color anymore)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

You know what's funny? I think great executed concepts like this that get posted on the boards does get the right C&C. I think people know it can be great. What's funny is that there are A LOT of bad to mediocre concepts that don't get a lot of C&C or negative feedback. It seems like if a logo doesn't start out good people feel less likely to try and help out because it would take to long, and just say 'nice job'.

Anyways, that's besides the point. I really like this a lot. I think it's a great update. It's already been said, but if the teeth are balanced better I think it will come together as a whole.

Really good update. I like this a lot better than what they already have, not saying that their current logo is bad. I would like to see an option without the neck though

I really love the direction you're heading, but it could use some minor tweaks. My biggest concern is that it looks more like a Dragon than a Gator.

The teeth also rub me wrong just a little. The neck I have no concern with. I think the shape of the mouth would help make it appear more like a

Gator and maybe throw in more lines that would suggest scales. Just some food for thought, but great job!

Archived