Short-lived coloured hockey helmets

nash61

The pictures of the Jets in their short-lived red helmets got me thinking. What other teams have used helmets briefly before changing them? Other examples I can think of are the Avalanche's white jersey-black helmet combo in 1995, and the Bruins' white helmet with their Pooh bear jersey.

winter-classic-ovi.jpgJGW111_NHL_Washington_Capitals_Winnipeg_

Teemu.jpgselanne7.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pens wore yellow helmets at home with white jerseys, I think for about 3 seasons from '84/'85 to '87/'88

2011UpperDeckC242Back.jpg

LPA1986.jpg

Side note: in 1983/1984 they had no white jersey and pulled an all yellow home look. (And people wonder why Mario Lemieux now HATES athletic gold in uniforms LOL)

Pittsburgh-Penguins-Yellow-Jersey-1981-1

Avalanche also wore a black helmet at home with their white jerseys for the first few home games in 1995. I'll give anyone who can find a photo of this an internet cookie ;)

lefebvre+02.jpg

to you, fine sir.

cookie-ch.jpg

Missed it by four minutes...

m1WrWDj9tBANa9X_lzQADfA.jpg

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Avalanche also wore a black helmet at home with their white jerseys for the first few home games in 1995. I'll give anyone who can find a photo of this an internet cookie ;)

lefebvre+02.jpg

to you, fine sir.

cookie-ch.jpg

Missed it by four minutes...

m1WrWDj9tBANa9X_lzQADfA.jpg

You can get legs of the cookie ;)

I'm going to offer a cookie to whoever can find the Bruins white helmets with their Pooh Bear jersey. I have only seen one picture ever, and it's now gone.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'm going to offer a cookie to whoever can find the Bruins white helmets with their Pooh Bear jersey. I have only seen one picture ever, and it's now gone.

13061216224667.jpg

I'll be waiting for my cookie ^_^

cookie.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The pictures of the Jets in their short-lived red helmets got me thinking. What other teams have used helmets briefly before changing them? Other examples I can think of are the Avalanche's white jersey-black helmet combo in 1995, and the Bruins' white helmet with their Pooh bear jersey.

winter-classic-ovi.jpgJGW111_NHL_Washington_Capitals_Winnipeg_

The damn Caps can't do anything right. It looks so much better with the red helmet.

90758391980.gif

Bowling Green State got new brown helmets this season that they have been rotating with the white ones they've had the last few years. The shade of brown doesn't match the shade on their jersey (I didn't even notice until a friend pointed it out to me). It'll be interesting to see how they use them from here on out.

12-14-Mich-Tech-BGSU.jpg

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

Archived