Surprised that a pro team can be named after a product

Rays

Yeah I know there is water poisoning but I thought it was so much that it wasn't worth mentioning! Maybe its less than I thought.

Anyway, my point stands: Red Bull is not any more evil than coffee and soda and too much of anything is bad for you.

medical authorities have suggested that there should be a minimum age for the purchase of energy drinks.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was trapped today in a confined space with 2 school girls, they were so unbelievably giggly and speed talking like there was no tomorrow.......each with a can of......you guessed it, i could not hold back a laugh or two thinking of this thread , only made the whole thing worse LOL :)

Do any athletes use this drink ?

I was trapped today in a confined space with 2 school girls, they were so unbelievably giggly and speed talking like there was no tomorrow.......each with a can of......you guessed it, i could not hold back a laugh or two thinking of this thread , only made the whole thing worse LOL :) . . Do any athletes use this drink ?

outside of the people sponsored by them (extreme sports athletes) no. the reason being is all the caffein isn't good for other sports because it causes a crash. the other sports need electrolytes and water that is found in gatorade and powerade.

I was trapped today in a confined space with 2 school girls, they were so unbelievably giggly and speed talking like there was no tomorrow.......each with a can of......you guessed it, i could not hold back a laugh or two thinking of this thread , only made the whole thing worse LOL :) . . Do any athletes use this drink ?

outside of the people sponsored by them (extreme sports athletes) no. the reason being is all the caffein isn't good for other sports because it causes a crash. the other sports need electrolytes and water that is found in gatorade and powerade.
Right....

btw, i am surprised (again) that they make so much money, and sponsor so many events and teams, soccer teams, F1 racing, WRC rally teams !

Let's not forget the Detroit Neon indoor soccer team (a/k/a the Detroit Safari).

From Wiki --

The name Detroit Neon was a reference to the Dodge Neon and came from a sponsorship from the Chrysler Corporation like fellow Palace Sports team the IHL Detroit Vipers. In 1997 the naming rights were sold toGeneral Motors and they were named after the GMC Safari minivan.[3]

The Neon even copied the car's wordmark, though the Safari had it's own logo. I can't find a suitable version of the Neon logo, but this is the wordmark.

neon%2074%20logo.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The amount of drugs that are ingested by top level athletes over the decades is mind boggling. Speed/Amphetamine abuse has been a huge part of competitive sports and will continue to be so.

Red Bull is likely used by many as a sports drink, let's not kid ourselves here.

The amount of drugs that are ingested by top level athletes over the decades is mind boggling. Speed/Amphetamine abuse has been a huge part of competitive sports and will continue to be so.

Red Bull is likely used by many as a sports drink, let's not kid ourselves here.

Maybe a very small percentage, but I'm telling you from expirience red bull is more of a hindrance to an athlete (outside of extreme sports) than a benefit, it may give you alittle more focus but within an hour of drinking it and doing an exercise it will suck all the life out of you and you will crash hard and not be able to perform as well as you would have with regular water and gatorade. I like redbull as an alternative to coffee if you are trying to do an all nighter or something but it was not designed for athletes

The only reason anybody knows about electrolytes is because of Gatorade and it's commercials.

Yeah I know there is water poisoning but I thought it was so much that it wasn't worth mentioning! Maybe its less than I thought.

Anyway, my point stands: Red Bull is not any more evil than coffee and soda and too much of anything is bad for you.

medical authorities have suggested that there should be a minimum age for the purchase of energy drinks.

Are these "medical authorities" also suggesting minimum age restrictions on the purchase of espresso or other coffee drinks that have way more sugar and caffeine?

The only reason anybody knows about electrolytes is because of Gatorade and it's commercials.

and its a scientific fact that electrolytes hydrate you better than water because electrolyte drinks containing sodium and potassium salts replenish the body's water and electrolyte levels after dehydration caused by exercise,excessive alcohol consumption,diaphoresis, diarrhea , vomiting, intoxication or starvation. Athletes exercising in extreme conditions (for three or more hours continuously, e.g. marathon or triathlon) that do not consume electrolytes risk dehydration.

Let's not forget the Detroit Neon indoor soccer team (a/k/a the Detroit Safari).

From Wiki --

The name Detroit Neon was a reference to the Dodge Neon and came from a sponsorship from the Chrysler Corporation like fellow Palace Sports team the IHL Detroit Vipers. In 1997 the naming rights were sold toGeneral Motors and they were named after the GMC Safari minivan.[3]

The Neon even copied the car's wordmark, though the Safari had it's own logo. I can't find a suitable version of the Neon logo, but this is the wordmark.

neon%2074%20logo.jpg

neon.gif

neon.gif

Thanks.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I was trapped today in a confined space with 2 school girls, they were so unbelievably giggly and speed talking like there was no tomorrow.......each with a can of......you guessed it, i could not hold back a laugh or two thinking of this thread , only made the whole thing worse LOL :)..Do any athletes use this drink ?

I thought you were going to say a can of dip before I realized what thread I was in.

I was in high school when red bull first showed up. My buddies and I tried to use it as "Super Gatorade" for a floor hockey tournament... we all felt like puking our brains out after drinking and running around.

Are these "medical authorities" also suggesting minimum age restrictions on the purchase of espresso or other coffee drinks that have way more sugar and caffeine?

Check out the lobbyist for Big Energy Drink here. It takes more time to drink a cup of coffee, you know!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Miami Hooters of the Arena League existed for a few seasons, they had the restaurant logo on a white helmet.

And the New Jersey Red Dogs in the same league, named for the beer.

I don't think the New Jersey Red Dogs were named after the beer. "Red dog" was a common name for a blitz, though it's not used very much anymore. I've seen this discussed somewhere (more than likely here) but can't find it.

NewJerseyRedDogs.pngright-side-up.jpg

Other than featuring, well, a red dog and a color scheme of red and black... I don't see a whole lot of similarities. Red Dog was also a Miller brand, and the NJ Red Dogs were owned by a local ownership group. Wikipedia says the beer was introduced in 1994, the NJ Red Dogs didn't play until 1997. Pretty sure there's no connection.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Check out the lobbyist for Big Energy Drink here. It takes more time to drink a cup of coffee, you know!
Yeah, and i rarely see school kids with a cup of coffee ...LOL

Archived