Syracuse Orange Redesign

YelichGraphics

It's quite impressive to see how much you've improved since the beginning. Now these aren't outstanding, of course, but they're very good, much better than anything you've done before. I thought I'd say that before getting to the uniforms themselves.

I actually like these better than Syracuse's uniforms, both former and new. I really like it when a schools uniforms are the same throughout, although that's a personal preference, I'm glad you used the basketball numbers.

There's a few ways to improve on these, of course. as upperV03 said, 'Cuse looks like 'Cube. Clean the wordmark on the jersey up, and I'd lose the apostrophe. Just 'Cuse' works, IMO. The U on the SU logo looks like a J. Make both the S and the U noticed equally. One more thing I would suggest is to keep the striping consistent. On any blue, use O/W/O, on any orange, use B/W/B, and on any white, use O/B/O.

In my opinion, the SU logo needs some work. It runs together too much. I have a hard time telling that it is a SU logo, and it is fairly large and is stationary. When working on helmet logos it might be helpful to zoom out so the image is fairly small and imagine how it would look on TV as players are moving.

award%20sig.png

• 2 weeks later...

I think the 'SU' looks like SJ even more now. I think if you want to keep it the same way it is then you should have the bottom left of the U be over the S, then the top left being under the S, kind of like the S is hooking onto it. That might help.

I think the varsity-style "S" they use on the helmet now is the best it's gonna get. I also think the helmet has to stay orange. I like the uniforms, but the Syracuse Orange needs more orange.

mainescarf.png

Archived