Buffalo Bills Logo

hettinger_rl

For years I've been giving pointers on how other people should do their Bills logos. Its time for me to put up or shut up. I'll start, as always, with my drawing; then go in and do some line work; finally colored versions. Here is the drawing of my Buffalo Bills Logo.

NCM_0053.JPG

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me thinks you like the buffalo.

My parents worked on a bison ranch when I was born. My high school's nickname was the Buffaloes. The town I grew up in is home to one of the largest privately owned bison ranches in the world (its where all the buffalo scenes for Dances With Wolves were shot). The state I live in is one of the biggest producers of bison in the world. But yes, I do like them too.

My parents worked on a bison ranch when I was born. My high school's nickname was the Buffaloes. The town I grew up in is home to one of the largest privately owned bison ranches in the world (its where all the buffalo scenes for Dances With Wolves were shot). The state I live in is one of the biggest producers of bison in the world. But yes, I do like them too.

They are the truest of American animals. I think they are largely underutilized as mascots, especially professionally. Loved your final Thunder work and I appreciate that you use C&C to make your work better. Looking forward to it.

Good start. It definitely needs to be cleaned up a good bit. With regards to the eye though, I'm not sure keeping it white works. It just looks like a big white spot on the face. I think black/navy or the lighter blue needs to go there with a white stroke around it. Also, is that the mouth on the front of the face? That definitely needs clean-up.

But it's a great start. a LOT of potential. And the hand drawn version is spectacular.

gYH2mW9.png

I like the more traditional one better, but I feel as though you've lost some of that life (for lack of a better word) when you transferred it from paper to the computer. Right now it just looks dead. I think some of that has to do with the loss of the eye when you put it into digital format. The drawing looks great, it just didn't transition well. I've seen your work before, so I know that you'll be able to give this more life and turn it into a great logo.

I look forward to seeing more updates.

I love the logo, but where did you grow up, if you don't mind me asking? My uncles own land in North Dakota, and they raise bison there.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Let me just preface this by saying that i love how you hand-draw each one of your concepts before moving into the digital space. This is a great skill and habit to stay in and one of the most vital things i was taught in architecture school

This is a really good start. However, i think it needs a bit more dynamic movement. Right now it seems to be jumping kind of "weakly" for lack of a better work. I feel like i wanna see this thing moving with the force to break through a wall or something.

Also, the linework is a bit sloppy. Try doing a bunch of traces on different layers on top of each other until you build up some nice clean, crisp lines that youre happy with.

This is definitely a great start. Looking forward to seeing where this is going

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

Good start. It definitely needs to be cleaned up a good bit. With regards to the eye though, I'm not sure keeping it white works. It just looks like a big white spot on the face. I think black/navy or the lighter blue needs to go there with a white stroke around it. Also, is that the mouth on the front of the face? That definitely needs clean-up.

But it's a great start. a LOT of potential. And the hand drawn version is spectacular.

Agreed, I wasn't trying to present it as finished. On the front of the face is a nose.

I like the more traditional one better, but I feel as though you've lost some of that life (for lack of a better word) when you transferred it from paper to the computer. Right now it just looks dead. I think some of that has to do with the loss of the eye when you put it into digital format. The drawing looks great, it just didn't transition well. I've seen your work before, so I know that you'll be able to give this more life and turn it into a great logo.

I look forward to seeing more updates.

I went back into my tracing and I'll be adjusting things to try to fix this.

I love the logo, but where did you grow up, if you don't mind me asking? My uncles own land in North Dakota, and they raise bison there.

Near Gettysburg and Fort Pierre, SD.

Let me just preface this by saying that i love how you hand-draw each one of your concepts before moving into the digital space. This is a great skill and habit to stay in and one of the most vital things i was taught in architecture school

This is a really good start. However, i think it needs a bit more dynamic movement. Right now it seems to be jumping kind of "weakly" for lack of a better work. I feel like i wanna see this thing moving with the force to break through a wall or something.

Also, the linework is a bit sloppy. Try doing a bunch of traces on different layers on top of each other until you build up some nice clean, crisp lines that youre happy with.

This is definitely a great start. Looking forward to seeing where this is going

I'm going to dive deeper into the lines today.

I think that you should take the white around the red out except for the eye and horn of course

Interesting idea, I'll give it a try.

Thanks for all the comments!

I dropped the backside legs and shifted the angle a bit, does this help the aggressiveness? Does it seem too flat or too Colorado? Also tried out a straight streak.

2edmkw0.jpg9aahpx.jpg20fszgx.jpg

The shape it's in looks A LOT like Colorado's logo.

Archived