St. Louis Rams Redesign

JPDesign

Dear St. Louis Rams,

Here is a simple guide to ensuring your uniforms look great, please fans and won't cost you a lot of time and money.

Step 1: Look at Marshall Faulk-era for your winning design.

2MarshallFaulk.jpg07-marshall-faulk.jpg

Step 2: Look at Marshall Faulk-era for your throwback design.

e868f7eedbb5421468b628f65bfe0044.jpgmarshallfaulk34.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would still love to see those awful alternate Georgia Frontiere concepts that didn't get picked in 2000.

"When we changed our color scheme in 2000, we actually considered many different possibilities, 15 to 20 combinations or so.

Mrs. Frontieres [team owner Georgia Frontiere] favorite color was powder blue, think UCLA, a color she used to wear all of the time. She thought the Rams would look great in this color and wanted to see some examples. So we made up some powder blue helmets with gold horns and gold helmets with powder blue horns, which she loved. But being someone who was very much into astrology, Mrs. Frontiere agreed to the current color scheme because, actually, she liked the names of the colors we used: new century gold and millennium blue. She thought it made cosmic sense if you will, given the year was 2000."

http://www.uni-watch.com/2011/05/17/fantastic-interview-with-former-rams-equipment-manager-todd-hewitt/

What a loon.

By the way, here's not only the best uniforms in Rams history, but a top ten in NFL history...

Bob_Carey_Hirsch_Van_Brocklin.jpg

bob-waterfield_la-rams_jane-russell_1950

I would still love to see those awful alternate Georgia Frontiere concepts that didn't get picked in 2000.

"When we changed our color scheme in 2000, we actually considered many different possibilities, 15 to 20 combinations or so.

Mrs. Frontieres [team owner Georgia Frontiere] favorite color was powder blue, think UCLA, a color she used to wear all of the time. She thought the Rams would look great in this color and wanted to see some examples. So we made up some powder blue helmets with gold horns and gold helmets with powder blue horns, which she loved. But being someone who was very much into astrology, Mrs. Frontiere agreed to the current color scheme because, actually, she liked the names of the colors we used: new century gold and millennium blue. She thought it made cosmic sense if you will, given the year was 2000."

http://www.uni-watch.com/2011/05/17/fantastic-interview-with-former-rams-equipment-manager-todd-hewitt/

What a loon.

By the way, here's not only the best uniforms in Rams history, but a top ten in NFL history...

Gotta agree. A modern take on these would be incredible.

Dear St. Louis Rams,

Here is a simple guide to ensuring your uniforms look great, please fans and won't cost you a lot of time and money.

YES. I feel like I'm one of the only people on these boards who thinks that this is the best look the rams have ever had. They ruined it, but from those early 2000 years those were it. Top 5 in NFL

I miss the old uniforms but love the current ones. I wonder if there is a way to blend the two together like the Chargers without having the two yellows and blues fighting each other.

Also, NO blue/navy and white. That looks like a Colts knock off, not to mention it really isn't synonymous with Rams Football anymore.

No, I'm right there with you. Brilliant look.

I agree as well. I'm really OK if they wanted to redo this look in a medium-dark royal blue and yellow, but I'm fine with the colors as they are. Just bring back metallic gold and gold pants.

I DO like the white pants on occasion, and navy pants (not the current ones) can work too. But the beauty of the gold pants is that you don't need any other pants. One helmet. Two jerseys. One pair of pants. It was awesome.

What a loon.

Gotta agree. A modern take on these would be incredible.

I've been wanting to do a concept based on these. Like them a lot.

What a loon.

What's a 'licker' do in football?

Oh, my gods.

Somebody actually took a uniform supplier's marketing bull :censored:seriously? Did she think those color names were chosen at random?

I've always felt that the best defense against accusing Frontiere of arranging for Carroll Rosenbloom's death is...well...her general displays of incompetence and stupidity in all other walks of life.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What a loon.

Yes, yes, and YES!

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

What a loon.

What's a 'licker' do in football?

Dirty, dirty things

sig.png

Another point to be made is that jerseys look better when you're winning in them. So when Marshall Faulk was wearing the navy and gold, it looked great. But when the Rams broke a record for the worst combined record over a 5 years span, the jerseys didn't look so hot

Dear St. Louis Rams,

YES. I feel like I'm one of the only people on these boards who thinks that this is the best look the rams have ever had. They ruined it, but from those early 2000 years those were it. Top 5 in NFL
I agree with both of you. I like this look. The antique gold looks good when it is shiny ... Not so good when it looks tan or khaki.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Although blue and white looks good, but blue and white are the Colts. Either stick with gold and navy or move towards yellow and navy.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived