UCF Knights Football (Update v1.2)

DomTheAthlete29

Given the positive feedback on my Washington Huskies refresh, I decided to tackle another program in need of an update.

Every time one of the draft doofuses at ESPN start showing highlight film of Blake Bortles all I can think about is how big of a disaster their uniform is. The Nike "catalog" mess of mismatched striping, toilet bowl collars, and white striping on gold jersey among other things is really hurting their identity.

For this refresh, I decided to keep the basic striping from the pants and jersey (while swapping black striping for white on the homes) but make them unified and consistent. Also carried over to the new look was the number font (slightly edited) and the white helmet with the "UCF" diagonal logo.

Let me know what you think as always gents! (v1.0 removed)

v1.1 ('Vegas' v. 'Old' Gold)

UCF1_zpsff67424b.png

UCF2_zps274c81c0.png

v1.2 ('Final' Design)

UCF1_zps6492b001.png

UCF2_zps3aef279f.png

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Not bad, its definitely an improvement. The thing that bothers me most about their uniform is their gold. I just think its an ugly color. I do love the Saints throwback uniforms though and a big reason is that "old gold" is just more attractive, especially when used as a trim color. I suggest using a swatch like tht with the black/white jersey and pants options

Also, ive always felt their Pegasus logo would look great on a helmet

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Not bad, its definitely an improvement. The thing that bothers me most about their uniform is their gold. I just think its an ugly color. I do love the Saints throwback uniforms though and a big reason is that "old gold" is just more attractive, especially when used as a trim color. I suggest using a swatch like tht with the black/white jersey and pants options

Interesting you bring that up because I'm on the other side of the coin, I think if you're going to have a gold jersey it should be the 'vegas' gold shade opposed to the 'old' gold shade you are talking about. Now as an accent I agree the 'old' gold you are talking about is a far superior option. Historically there is some usage of that old gold for UCF so I'll definitely play around with it.

I guess its just a personal preference thing. But one reason i dont like vegas gold here is because theres not enough contrast with the white. I think a richer gold would add some middle value to the palette and help define some of the shapes throughout the design. Like where your white outlines the gold number, theres some visual vibration there and you start to lose the form of the number a bit.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Updated OP to v1.1!

The main critique from v1.0 was that for the home uniform a black uniform with 'Old Gold' trim would be more attractive to than a 'Vegas Gold' with black trim home uniform. Thus for v1.1 I present both specified version for comparison. As BrandMooreArt pointed out the white outline on my 'Vegas Gold' uniforms was causing some issues.

My personal preference is for the set with 'Vegas Gold', I think it fits the program perfectly. The main iissue I have with the Black and "Old Gold" trimmed uniforms is that they give off a modernize-New Orleans Saints feel to it. I look forward to hearing opinions from both view points! Thanks for in advance :)

I was wondering if my eyes were messing with me! I like the vegas gold jerseys and the old gold trim on the black jerseys. I'd maybe place the knight head on the sleeves rather than leave them blank. Are they still using that logo?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The black stripes on the helmet are too thick.

Interesting you bring that up because I'm on the other side of the coin, I think if you're going to have a gold jersey it should be the 'vegas' gold shade opposed to the 'old' gold shade you are talking about. Now as an accent I agree the 'old' gold you are talking about is a far superior option. Historically there is some usage of that old gold for UCF so I'll definitely play around with it.

I have to agree with chris on this one, old gold is an UGLY color (just like black).

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

Well short turn around again, v1.2 is up! I'm going to tentatively consider this my 'final' version, unless anyone has further critiques with this 'final' product.

I like the idea of old gold socks... or would that be a stretch?

I've seen nike produce vegas gold socks and I thought they were ugly.. I'd assume old gold would be just as bad. I'm going to start a CFB thread that will have all my updates over the summer for various teams (which will seem very random)! So look for that shortly.

Archived