Cap Logos on White

TwoRsAndTwoLs

I make my own scorecards for when I attend Mariners games, and I include teams cap logos as part of the background design. This gets weird sometimes when the cap logo is white. Sometimes they're pretty simple, Oakland's white logo becomes green, the Yankees white logo becomes navy, the Dodgers white logo also becomes blue, you get the picture.

Some are more complicated, though. Here's how I adjusted the Rays:

TampaBayWhite.jpg

The Astros create an issue as well since the white "H" would disappear on a white background. I went ahead and made this adjustment:

AstrosCap2.jpg

But perhaps this is more appropriate:

AstrosCap.jpg

Do all teams have a version of their logo that they use on white? I can't imagine they always use a colorblocked background for every application.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I think that's why the Astros came up with this one and the primary logo. I don't think I've ever seen the cap logo on white otherwise. If you check out my avatar, you'll see that I added a slight navy outline to the "H" to help remedy this, but it's unofficial.

hou.jpg

9503_houston_astros-primary-2000.gif

all_teams_sig_classic_small.pngall_teams_sig4_small.png

I think your latter treatment of the Astros logo is more appropriate; it just looks better.

May we see an example of one of your homemade scorecards?

Don't know about a homemade scorecard, but I did the same treatment with this home cap logo in gray outline for you. I think I may use this one in my sig. I commend you on your traditionalist methods:

2bcdmp.jpg

Check out the next-day/tomorrow scoreboard on MLB.com. Every logo is on a white background.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/scoreboard/index.jsp#date=4/26/2014

These are not all cap logos though. Some of these are alternates such as the Dodgers and of course the Astros.

The dodgers one is their cap logo...

Thought the Dodgers wore a white logo?

Check out the next-day/tomorrow scoreboard on MLB.com. Every logo is on a white background.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/scoreboard/index.jsp#date=4/26/2014

These are not all cap logos though. Some of these are alternates such as the Dodgers and of course the Astros.

The dodgers one is their cap logo...

Thought the Dodgers wore a white logo?

which wouldn't work on a white background, thats what this whole thread is about, he even stated in the OP that he changed the Dodgers logo from white to blue for it to work

Archived